Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Pro License Manager

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
warrenandy
717 Views, 9 Replies

Vault Pro License Manager

I just installed Pro and I put the license on my new license manager. I am waiting on the CAD to combine some additional seats we just bought. But when I try to open the client it says it cannot find a license. I am trying to trouble shoot to tell if it is the License Manager or the Vault giving me problems.

Any ideas?

I thought I might just convert a CAD license file over just to test with then when the reseller gets them combined regenerate it.

Andrew Warren
Manager, Engineering Services Support
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: warrenandy

what OS are you running the license manager on?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
warrenandy
in reply to: DarrenP

Server 2008 R2 SP1 Enterprise

I brought in a license of Factory Design Suite and I am going to switch my Inventor over to the new server to make sure the LM is working.

I tried to switch out the server using the system variable and license file but nether work. switching to uninstall reinstall now...

Andrew Warren
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
Message 4 of 10
DarrenP

you would have to generate a new license file since the mac address is going to change

did you install the Ipv6 version of the license manager?

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
warrenandy

Thats what i meant when I said I was moving it over, I generated a new license file, and now we are still ipv4 and I used the 4 server.

I could not change the server name in Inventor useing the Environemental variables of the License.lic file to get it to see the new file on the new server. I am not as worried about that as I am the Vault not seing the server.

Andrew Warren
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
Message 6 of 10
warrenandy

I just reinstalled INV and it works fine, so now I difinitly think it is Vault messing with me... It is driving me crazy, I wish the Vault Pro server would just handle its own licensing...

Andrew Warren
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
Message 7 of 10
TravisNave

Keep in mind that the ADMS server is what handles vault licensing, so you will want to look there for any connectivity errors to the NLM.  Usually, as Darren mentioned, it is typically an IPv6 related issue. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 10
warrenandy
in reply to: TravisNave

Adsk Support got this one, big tip of the hat...

Had to change the licpath.lic on the server to the ipaddress.

"Quote"
For your issue in the installation path of the server C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ADMS Professional 201* there is a file named licpath.lic.

Open this file with notepad and in the first line, the second item will be the server name.  Change it to 127.0.0.1.  Only change the current name of the server in the file to 127.0.0.1.

Save in notepad and then do an IISRESET.  Then test.
"End Quote"
Andrew Warren
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
Message 9 of 10
DarrenP

thats what i was going suggest but i couldn't find that in 2013

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 10
DarrenP

assuming thats what you are using

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report