Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Link opens wrong Vault version

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
g.heeley
934 Views, 7 Replies

Vault Link opens wrong Vault version

When upgarding from Vault 2011 to 2012 we decided to go for a new server and restructure our old data inot it. Therefore we still have Vault 2011 clients on teh machines along with 2012 clients.

When using the Send As Link option from a file in our 2012 Vault, some users are fnding that Vault 2011client  is Launching, while others have no issues.

Any idea how to force 2012 to be the defualt app to laubch from a Link ?

Example link 

http://vaultserver/AutodeskDM/Services/EntityDataCommandRequest.aspx?Vault=OurVault&ObjectID=%24%2fSupport%2fElectrcalSymbols.dwg&ObjectType=File&Command=Select 

Thanks
Greg

Greg Heeley
CAD Administrator
temperzone Ltd
Inventor Pro, Vault Pro, ACADE
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
yuhui.zhang
in reply to: g.heeley

For the users who have no issues, the last runned Vault client would probalely be Vault 2012, so the link launches Vault 2012 client as well. Currently, it's unable to force the link directing to specific Vault version. The workaround as  - launch Vault 2012, exit, and open the link.

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Message 3 of 8
g.heeley
in reply to: yuhui.zhang

Hi Fay

I got the user to close all versions of Vault Client, OPen 2012, close it, Open 2012 again, Send a link (to himself) then select the link, Vault client 2011 is still being launched. Any other ideas?

Thanks
Greg

Greg Heeley
CAD Administrator
temperzone Ltd
Message 4 of 8

Hi Greg,

I can reproduce the issue at my end. I will discuss with Fay and the team here and will keep you posted.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 5 of 8
yuhui.zhang

To correct my above statement, the open ->quit workaround does not work. will update you soon once proper solution we find.

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 8
yuhui.zhang

here is workaround you may have a try:

from Registry Editor (regedit), find key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ACR_auto_file\shell\open\command, Modify Value Data to path of Vault 2012 as below.

regedit.png

Note, be sure you understand the risk of modifying the registry may cause potential problems. Be careful using this approach, and backup the registry before the modify it.

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 8
g.heeley

Thanks Fay

Have save .reg file to update other machines as well.

Regards

Greg

Thanks
Greg

Greg Heeley
CAD Administrator
temperzone Ltd
Message 8 of 8
JorgenBjornes

For anyone having this problem in vault 2021, and thefix mentioned in this thread does not work, I got it to work by correcting the key located in Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\Connectivity.VaultPro.exe\shell\open\command

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report