Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault License Usage

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bpettus
412 Views, 1 Reply

Vault License Usage

I have read a few different takes on how Vault licenses are consumed, the last I remember was per IP address. We use both Autocad and 3ds Max in conjunction with Vault 2014. We use Windows Authentication(AD) for login to Architecture, Civil3d, Vanilla and Mechanical. Unfortunately since 3ds Max has no option to login via WA, we have had to assign the 3ds Max users a separate Vault login. Oftentimes, these users need to be in both Autocad and 3dsmax concurrently and I had always assumed since Vault was being accessed from the same computer (ip) that only one license was used. I recently installed Mario's license utility and noticed that two licenses are used when this is the case (see attached) It does make sense that since this is really a separate username, two licenses should be used but is there any plan to add WA login to 3dsmax? thanks, Blake
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ihayesjr
in reply to: bpettus

Please add your kudo to the following Idea.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Vault-IdeaStation/3ds-Max-Vault-addin-support-for-Windows-Authenticati...

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report