Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Icon does not appear in Taskbar

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
jstoffel4
1870 Views, 16 Replies

Vault Icon does not appear in Taskbar

I am running Autodesk Vault Pro 2013 on Windows 7. The 'V' icon that should be shown for the Vault does not appear in my taskbar, or start menu, but instead all I see is the default icon for when Windows asks you to choose a file type. (Note that Windows doesn't ask me to choose a file type when I load Vault, just the icons are the same.)

How can I choose the 'V' icon so it appears on my shortcuts, etc?

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
cbenner
in reply to: jstoffel4
Message 3 of 17
jstoffel4

Attached is a screenshot of my start menu and task bar. The circled areas are where I should see the Vault logo.

Message 5 of 17
jstoffel4
in reply to: cbenner

The program works fine. It's just rather strange there is no Vault icon image appearing and I'm wondering if anyone else has that issue. It doesn't make a difference if I run normally or in Admin mode. But unfortunately, I don't have the permissions to reinstall it, as it is my work machine and our IT support is... distant.

Message 6 of 17
mike

It may not be completely registered with your windows profile.  Try right-clicking on the program shortcut and select the run as administrator option.

Message 7 of 17
jstoffel4
in reply to: mike

Nah, I tried that and it still remains the same boring, generic file icon.

What is interesting is that when I "un-pin" the item from the taskbar, the Autodesk Vault icon appears... but only breifly. When I click anywhere after that, the icon will revert back to the file icon. Very weird.

Message 8 of 17
schitzngigglz

I have the same problem.

Rick

Message 9 of 17
jstoffel4
in reply to: schitzngigglz

Rick, if I figure out a solution, I'll definitely post here and let you know!

Message 10 of 17
sathishkannan41

Any update on this issue? I'm also facing the same problem in Vault Professional 2018.

Message 11 of 17

can someone provide us the following info?

1. What is the OS?

2. Do you have any other Autodesk application running in that machine?

3. What kind of User (Admin/standard/power) logged in to see this issue?

Any other info that will help us to reproduce the issue will be great. Since multiple users are seeing it we would like to reproduce it in house to investigate.

Thanks.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 12 of 17

Hi,

1. What is the OS?

Windows 7

2. Do you have any other Autodesk application running in that machine?

Autodesk PDSU products

3. What kind of User (Admin/standard/power) logged in to see this issue?

Standard

BR

Sathish Kannan

Message 13 of 17

@sathishkannan41 Sathish,

Thanks for the information and sorry that i missed one more info. Can you please let me know the resolution of your monitor screen?

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 14 of 17

Hi,

Resolution is 1920 x 1200

Message 15 of 17

@sathishkannan41 Sathish,

Thanks for the details. Unfortunately i couldn't see the issue with our systems. Win 7 or Win 8.1 or Win 10. So I would recommend you to raise a support ticket with our support team so that someone can take a look at your system.

Sorry for not being able to help here.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 16 of 17
john.swinderman

I'm having the same issue.  Have not found a fix. I'm on the 2021 version. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still no luck.

Message 17 of 17
joefulk56
in reply to: john.swinderman

I had the same issue and it happened after I uploaded OneDrive through Microsoft.  It altered the file path and User name that it originally was opening from causing the missing/unknown path now.  You can either reinstall the software again; or try and revert back to the original file location that it started from when it was working. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report