Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Failed to Acquire a licence

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
831 Views, 6 Replies

Vault Failed to Acquire a licence

I am trying to install another Vault server to try and use to validate our backups, and I seem to be hitting an issue when trying to acquire a licence.

Currently we have Vault Workgroup 2013 installed on a server called Engine.  I have Vault, SQL, and the Network Licence Manager all installed on this same server.  Everything works fine, we can log into the vault with no issues.

Now I have installed another copy of the Vault Workgroup 2013 Server on my local machine, just to be used to test backups.  I have setup the LICPATH.LIC file on my computer to point to Engine's IP address, and if I Ping Engine from my computer I get its IPV4 IP Address.  So communication between my computer and Engine across IPV4 seems to be fine.

If I do the system test again it still passes as well.  I think I'm missing something small here, but I can't find it, any help appreciated.  Thanks,

nbsp;

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

try using this enviroment variable: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=7574782&linkID=9240617

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I tried that first at 1000000, and then jumped to 10000000, and 20000000 without any luck.  Also added an ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE variable with a value @ENGINE, as I had seen that mentioned before in another thread.

I had a thought, when I first created the licence file, I needed the servers MAC address.  At the time I didn't care if it was looking for the MAC for the Licence server, or for the MAC for Vault, as they were on the same machine.

I would imagine it would want the MAC of the Licence Server, but just figured I'd check does it require the MAC for the Vault Server instead?  

EDIT:  Found confirmation it is looking for the MAC of the license server, which makes sense to me.  So back to no ideas on why I can get a license on my machine.

Message 4 of 7
DarrenP

its looking for the MAC address for the machine that will be running the license manager

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

firewall on?

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

My Firewall is off, but I had forgotten about the servers Firewall.  Working on getting the proper ports opened right now on it using the ports found on this page:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2870946&linkID=9240617

2080 and 27000-27009

Message 7 of 7
TravisNave

If the Vault server and the NLM are on the same machine, it is likely an IPv6 loopback issue.  From the server, PING itself and see what you get.  If it is not IPv4, then you have found your issue.

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report