Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Explorer pane changes size randomly

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
karthur1
367 Views, 5 Replies

Vault Explorer pane changes size randomly

Why is it that the vertical bar in the right hand pane decides on its own to move all the way to the top?  I have seen this happen on Vault 2012, 2013 and now 2014.  Once it happens the only thing to do is to grab it and just pull it back down.

When I select a folder, it makes it look like there is nothing in the folder, which is not really the case.  It is just hidden behind.  When I pull down the vertical bar, it will reveal the contents of the folder.

Vault_Explorer_bar.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: karthur1
Message 3 of 6
karthur1
in reply to: cbenner

"To the bottom"... you mean right below the path name?  I didnt move it there, it will just majically jump up there.  I have noticed thought that it happens when I am changing dirrectories.  At least that is when I will notice it.

To get it gown I have to grab the vertical bar and pull it down .... like this.

Kirk

Message 4 of 6
steveh3

I have seen this periodically with users. It's the preview pane bar.

I always blamed the user, and I think they grab it accidentally. I haven't personnally encountered it and I've been using Vault since '04.

Inventor---Vault Professional
Message 5 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: karthur1

Gotcha, I thought you were pointing at the blue bar... my bad. (it is blue, isn't it?  colorblind)

I've never seen mine do this, not sure why it would randomly jump on you like that.

Message 6 of 6
karthur1

Yes... its blue.

I have no idea why it does this either (thus the question).  I see it on my worktstation at work and at home.  I have others users at work complain about it.  The first time they see it, they think something is wrong with their  vault install.

I am 99.99% sure it is not something I am doing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report