Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Collaboration 2010 - Non unique Visualization file

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
john.dow
1261 Views, 4 Replies

Vault Collaboration 2010 - Non unique Visualization file

Upon pressing the Update... view (DWF file), we receive the msg below, what might this message mean?

Update View Restrictions
Visualization file cannot be created due to vaulting restrictions
Restriction: Non unique visualization file

What is a non unique vis file?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
polo.zhenshi
in reply to: john.dow

Hi John,
Could you check whether you have turned the 'Enforce Unique File Names' option on(Tools->Administration, Files tab). If so, could you turn it off, then try to update view again. I think there may be such dwf files(same name) already exist in your vault.
Regards,
Polo
Message 3 of 5
djohnson1976

I experience this when I rename a file (i.e. File "A" to File "B") for the purpose of checking in another file with the first name (i.e. File "A"). The problem is that there is a DWF file for File "A" already in the Vault (even if its link was broken during the rename process, it is still an orphan DWF sitting in the Vault). When you load the new File "A" it wants to create the DWF "A.dwf" but it is already there. Could this be what is happening?

If you are not an administrator, you may not have the ability to turn off the unique part number setting even for a quick thing like this. The other option is to go to Tools > Options and check the "Show hidden files" button. When you look in the folder, you can see the DWF file (i.e. "A.dwf") and (hopefully if you have the permission) delete it. Kind of a pain. I would hope that future releases of Vault would have a check box in the rename dialog wizard to also rename the associated DWF files so this does not occur.

Hope this helps.

Dan
Message 4 of 5
polo.zhenshi

Thanks for your posting, I have send your wishlist to the product designer.
Thanks,
Polo
Message 5 of 5
LOONYLEN
in reply to: polo.zhenshi

Has this issue been reviewed, as I am having this very same issue mentioned above two years later (using 2012).

Is there a better way to deal with this issue that I'm not aware of? The two "Workarounds" mentioned above are not acceptable, as the number of times this would need to be done in one day would be overwhelming. It seems to me, if you're deleting a file from the Vault the .dwf should automatically be deleted as well. The .dwf files are typically hidden, so what would I need to keep a hidden .dwf file in the system for? Turning off the unique file names is unacceptable because we would like to keep our Vault free of duplicates. How should I proceed?

Thanks,

Len

Senior Designer/Cad Administrator
Inventor 2012, w/SP2
Vault Collaboration 2012
Dell Precision T3500, Intel Xeon CPU
W3680 @3.33GHz, 16.0 GB of RAM
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro, 64 Bit Edition
Version 2009, w/SP1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report