Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2015 Web Client Still Available?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
gluckett
618 Views, 6 Replies

Vault 2015 Web Client Still Available?

Hi All, I do like the Thin Client (although it would be great to avoid the DWF like all the 360 viewers).

The old Web Client, does it still exist?  Will it work with .NET 4.5?

thanks

gordon

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mark.cloyed
in reply to: gluckett

I thought I heard that the new thin client replaced the old client, and as such the old web client is not available in 2015.

Thanks,
Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 3 of 7
gluckett
in reply to: mark.cloyed

That is too bad.  It was easy to direct a user to a specific file using the following URL.

http://myVaultServerName/AutodeskDM/webclient/Forms/DwfFileView.aspx?fileid=48601

where the 48601 is the FileIterationId -  in the Thin Client you get something like.

http://myVaultServerName/AutodeskTC/myVaultServerName/myFolder?Admin#/Entity/Details?id=mRklMRTpMQVRFU1Q6NjE4MzE&itemtype=File

The FileIterationId I can figure out from the database, but where on earth does the mRklMRTpMQVRFU1Q6NjE4MzE come from?

Message 4 of 7
mark.cloyed

Hmm.  Yes, that isn't quite as simple a link to manufacture.  It would be nice if Autodesk responded to this to get their input on the subject.  I assume that you can 'generate' the link from within the web client and paste it elsewhere.

Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 5 of 7
zongjie.ng

Hi Gordon,

From what i have found out, mRklMRTpMQVRFU1Q6NjE4MzE is what they called persistentID which are generated from Vault Server and will not changed for an object. Whereas the entity ID that was previously utilised, there may have a chance of getting modified when performing an upgrade for Vault Server.

With that said, if you were to share the URL you have gotten from viewing a file, they should have no problems with viewing the file by navigating to the URL.

I hope this helps to clarify where the PersistentID got generated from and if i have misunderstood the issue here, please do inform me.

Message 6 of 7
Redmond.D
in reply to: zongjie.ng

Here are some articles explaining persistent IDs:

- Persistent IDs

- Persistent IDs vs. Persistable IDs

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 7
gluckett
in reply to: Redmond.D

Ah, so I would have to: GetPersistentIds   of the file object I want to build the URL.

thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report