Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2015 Upgrade - Failed to Connect to SQL Server

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jh
Explorer
2095 Views, 7 Replies

Vault 2015 Upgrade - Failed to Connect to SQL Server

I'm trying to upgrade my local installation of Vault 2013 Basic to Vault 2015 Basic, but the installer fails with the following error:

Failed connecting to SQL Server –

server=localhost\AUTODESKVAULT;user id=sa;password=*****

My database is SQL Express 2008 SP3 - 10.3.5500.0 and I'm running Win7 Pro x64.  I've run the ADMS Diagnostic Tool and I don't get any errors, and my Vault 2013 access works perfectly.

I'm pretty sure I did not change the default sa password, so I'm not sure why the Vault 2015 installer can't connect to the SQL server, but Vault 2013 can.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jh 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
johannes.bauer
in reply to: jh

Hi jh,

are you able to connect with SA account and default password to the sql server via SQL Server Management Studio?

You can download it here for free.

HTH
Johannes Bauer

Customer Technical Successt
Message 3 of 8
Olaf.Górski

Hi jh,

Make sure the antivirus is disabled, even much better uninstall it. Does it help?

If you don't have Management Studio installed (SQL Express does not contain it) then you can test the SQL connection using Data Link Properties. How to do it?

1. Create on your desktop new text file TXT and change the extension to UDL (the file name itself does not matter), the icon will change.
  2. Double click the new icon and a dialog box Data Link Properties will appear.
  3. In the Provider tab chose Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
  4. In the Connection tab under 1. enter the server name with either "localhost\AUTODESKVAULT" or "YourServer\AUTODESKVAULT" (both without quotes).
    Under 2. Use a specific user name and password populate "sa" for user name and "AutodeskVault@26200" which is the default password (again without quotes).
    Under 3. you don't have to select any specific data base.
    Click the button "Test Connection"
  5. You wil get either a conformation, then the password is correct; or you will get aen error mesage with some datails.

Hope it helps.

Olaf Górski
Message 4 of 8
jh
Explorer
in reply to: Olaf.Górski

I've disabled my antivirus program and both of the tests above successfully connect to the SQL server with the default login and password.  But the Vault installer still gives the same error.  I've even tried manually entering the login info in the installer.

What now?  Is there a log file for the installer or SQL server that could give more info on this error?

Message 5 of 8
johannes.bauer

Hi Jh,
Have you Tried run setup.exe as Administrator and disabled UAC?

Thanks

HTH
Johannes Bauer

Message 6 of 8
jh
Explorer
in reply to: johannes.bauer

UAC is disabled and I ran the setup program as an admin (set via the properties menu) and I still get the same error.

Message 7 of 8
johannes.bauer

Hi JH,

you can check in %TEMP% if you see a logfile for analysis as well as the eventviewer of your machine.

HTH
Johannes Bauer

Message 8 of 8
jh
Explorer
in reply to: johannes.bauer

The log file had some errors and warnings in it, so I uninstalled Vault 2013, did a clean install of Vault 2015, and then restored my data from a backup.  It's working fine now.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report