Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2015 Thin Client Sorting

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
jesseck
706 Views, 10 Replies

Vault 2015 Thin Client Sorting

While testing the "Sort by" feature for columns in the Project Explorer I noticed the grid would empty and state "There are no files that match this search." once I attempted to sort.  This occurs whether I use the "Sort by" menu or click on a column header.  However, if I refresh the page (F5 or Ctrl+F5) I can view the sorted results.

I have tested this and observed it in Firefox 29, Internet Explorer 11, and IE 11 in compatibility mode.  Has anyone else noticed this?  For refrence, this is Vault Pro 2015 both with and without Cumulative Hotfix 1 for Autodesk Vault 2015 Service Pack 0 applied.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 3 of 11
jesseck
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks - I don't have that browser.  I've even noticed when downloading files from Vault, the file naming behavior differs between browser versions.  For example, if I download "Connector Arm.ipt", Firefox will download "Connector.ipt"; IE "Connector+Arm.ipt"; and Chrome "Connector Arm.ipt".

Message 4 of 11
JBerns
in reply to: jesseck

I tested sorting with Vault Pro 2015 Thin Client and observed the same behavior. Switching sort modes clears the search results and you have to search again. That is an inconvenience.

I was able to reproduce this with Internet Explorer 11 and Google Chrome 35.

Regards,

Jerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAD Administrator
Using Inventor 2022
Autodesk Certified Instructor
Autodesk Inventor 2020 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 Certified Professional
Message 5 of 11
zongjie.ng

Hi jesseck,

Thank you for sharing the issues you have faced when using Thin Client, we will be working on getting the download issue fix.

Message 6 of 11
zongjie.ng
in reply to: JBerns

Hi jberns and jesseck,

I will do some testing on it, and will get it looked into if i managed to get it reproduce. Thank you for sharing your findings.

Btw, did you apply the latest HF?

Message 7 of 11
zongjie.ng
in reply to: JBerns

Hi Jerry,

I have tested with sorting the search results on VP 2015, and am able to reproduce the issue with and without CH1. I will be following up on this and will get back if I have any progress with it. Thank you 

As for jesseck's case, is it the same issue, sorting on search results? Cuz i wasnt able to reproduce it on sorting for normal navigation through project explorer.

Message 8 of 11
jesseck
in reply to: zongjie.ng

I can sort the Project Explorer without problems - it is the search results field that does not sort.  I have tested with CH1 applied.

Message 9 of 11
zongjie.ng

Hi jesseck,

Thanks for confirming the issue you are observing, as i have mentioned earlier to Jerry, I will be looking into this issue, and will update you guys over here as soon as i get any information relating to the issue.

Thank you very much.

Message 10 of 11
zongjie.ng

Hi guys,

Just want to update that the sorting issue is fixed with Vault 2015 SP1 which can be found at: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-vault...

Hope this helps to resolve the issue you have faced with sorting in Autodesk Thin Client.

@Jesseck, if possible, do update on your issue after applying the SP1 on whether it has resolve your issue as well. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Zongjie Ng

Message 11 of 11
JBerns

Zongjie,

Thanks for the update. I wish I could test - I had some system problems and now am unable to install any version of Vault on my system.

Perhaps when the Vault install is resolved, I can test and report.

Kind regards,

Jerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAD Administrator
Using Inventor 2022
Autodesk Certified Instructor
Autodesk Inventor 2020 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report