Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2015 Replication

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Mr.Caro
676 Views, 5 Replies

Vault 2015 Replication

Hello everyone,

we are setting a replicated enviroment using vault 2015 Professional. I configured a scheduled replication from the Publisher to the subscriber at 00:05. Next, I have transferred the administrative rights to the subscriber, and now I'm trying to set a different scheduled replication from the subscriber to the publisher, but it keeps saying that the owner is the Publisher. I can see in the vault client that the subscriber owns the administrative rights, but the server doesn't seem to recognize it. Is it possible that it lasts a little bit more for the server to recognize the ownership change? Or is it just that the replication in both directions must be scheduled at the same time? I attach the file with the error message that pops out.

Thanks in advance.

CARLOS

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ihayesjr
in reply to: Mr.Caro

If you are just now setting this up, it is a good possiblility that the intial setup is not complete.

You may have to wait until replication setup is completed on the subscriber before you can do the configuration.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 6
ryan

It isn't necessary for you to transfer the administrative rights to the subscriber to set the schedule for when it pulls files from the publisher since you can set the subscribers replication schedule from within the publisher ADMS.

-Ryan

Ryan Small
National Team Leader, Data Management and Software Development
SolidCAD, a Cansel Company (an Autodesk Platinum Partner)
www.solidcad.ca
Message 4 of 6
Mr.Caro
in reply to: ryan

Hello everyone!

I managed to configure both of them separately thanks to your tips. Now, one more question comes to my mind:

I have got two Workgroups, Publisher and Subscriber. When I schedule a replication (in ADMS console --> Filestores) for the publisher workgroup, that means that the new files from the subscriber are going to be pulled to the publisher. When I do it in the subscriber, that means that the new files generated in the publisher are going to be pulled to the subscriber. This means that there is a two-way replication right?

And, if we now add another workgroup, in order to see all the files, the best option would be:

1- Replicate FROM both subscribers, so that all the files are in the publisher

3- Wait for the replciation to finish

2- Then replicate TO both subscribers. That way all the files would be in all the servers.

Thanks.

CARLOS

Message 5 of 6
ryan

Replication only works as a "pull" meaning that when you set your schedule for a server, you are specifying the time when it should "pull" the missing files from the other servers. As such, if you had two servers in your replicated setup, you would need to set two different schedules; one for server A to PULL from sever B and another for server B to PULL from server A. That said, when you run a vault backup, unless you specifically change the setting, missing files will be PULLED to the server where the backup is running (Publisher) in which case you may not need to have a schedule for the publisher unless you want to replicate (pull) missing files more frequently than the backup runs.

Remember also that the schedule here is only for files. SQL replication is basically always on and running so if a user requests a file not yet replicated, they will see it as available in their vault client and retrieving it will just do an on-demand replication for that file(s).

Sent from my mobile device

Ryan Small, Technology Consultant
1.877.438.2231 x110
2300 Steeles Ave West, Suite 240, Vaughan, ON L4K 5X6
Ryan Small
National Team Leader, Data Management and Software Development
SolidCAD, a Cansel Company (an Autodesk Platinum Partner)
www.solidcad.ca
Message 6 of 6
ihayesjr
in reply to: ryan

In addition to Ryan's reply, replication pulls from all workgroups based on the schedule set for that workgroup.  It will pull from both subscribers based on which one actually has the files that need to be replicated and what replication priority is set.  A subscriber will pull from either the publisher or the other subscriber.  You do not have to wait until the publisher has all the files.  Set the replication priority based on the network latency and bandwidth between workgroups to optimize the transfers.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report