Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2014 Thin Client - Times out and no longer can log in

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
mthomas
1568 Views, 16 Replies

Vault 2014 Thin Client - Times out and no longer can log in

Over the weekend we upgraded to Vault Pro 2014 since that time if a user logs into the Vault thin client and then it automatically times out that user is unable to log back into the thin client.

They receive the message "Your account has been automatically logged out of the Autodesk data management server. You must log in to access the vault"

This has been verified on systems using IE 9, IE 10, and Google Chrome. It also does not matter what the user is as I (as the administrator) am unable to log into the thin client

Help!

Mike Thomas

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
ihayesjr
in reply to: mthomas

Mike,

Can you log a case with Product Support so that we can have them take a look at your system?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 17
mthomas
in reply to: ihayesjr

already done on Monday (the 24th), still waiting to hear from them.... case id 08522059

Mike Thomas

Message 4 of 17
gaol

We are looking into it. Please try "IISReset" as a workaround.

Thanks,
Lily
Message 5 of 17
mthomas
in reply to: gaol

The IISRESET has restored access (for now), obviously I can't do this everytime someone lets their Vault timeout, please let me know when there is a fix

Mike Thomas

Message 6 of 17
fKorde

HI all,

I've got the same problem. I've got to make IIsreset every couple of hour. I really need a solution.

There is nothing in iis log files, nothing in adms logfile and procmon show me anything unusual. 

Any idea? 

Message 7 of 17
bverboort

Same issue here.

Any updates on the status?

Update 1 installed on both client and server.

Message 8 of 17
mthomas
in reply to: bverboort

no change on my end either... running IISRESET 4-times a day just to "limp" by

Mike
Mike Thomas

Message 9 of 17
mdurst

I have the same issue.  Came across this forum and thankfully the IISRESET command fixed the issue (for now).  Autodesk PLEASE address this immediately.

Message 10 of 17
Gene.R

I am seeing the same problem also.

I was seeing the problem on my username only prior to the 2014 upgrade, we upgraded this last weekend and now other usernames are seeing the same problem.

I have noticed that if I reset my password I can then regain access to the thin client.

also tried changing back to my original password to see what would happen but was denied, tried the reset password again and it worked.

So for about 30 minutes now I have been logging in and out of the Vault Pro Client with my original password and logging in and out of the thin client with my reset password

Message 11 of 17
bverboort

All,

Looks like Autodesk team has addressed this issue with the following patch

(Thank You!):

Cumulative Hotfix 1 for Autodesk Vault 2014 Service Pack 1

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21995541&linkID=9261341

Best,

Brian

Message 12 of 17
pauwels.e

I have the same problem after the upgrade to Vault Pro 2014, I see we are now 7 MONTHS later since this problem was posted !!!  AutoDesk what are you doing about it? do we have a solution yet?

Message 13 of 17
bverboort

See my post above...

Doesn't the following address the issue for you?

Cumulative Hotfix 1 for Autodesk Vault 2014 Service Pack 1

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21995541&linkID=9261341

Best,

Brian

Message 14 of 17
mdurst

I can confirm that the above hotfix DOES resolve the issue, so you should be seeing the same results.

Message 15 of 17
pauwels.e
in reply to: mdurst

Oops, didn't look on page 2 !Smiley Embarassed

Thank you for your quick responses, I have downloaded the hotfix for SP1 and installed it on the server. (wait and see 🙂

I suppose I do not have to do this on the clients?

Message 16 of 17
chearhuat
in reply to: pauwels.e

Hi pauwels.e ,

The fix is for the server, need NOT to apply it on client machines.

Regards,

Chear Huat.

Chear Huat
SQA Analyst
DLS- Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!
Message 17 of 17
pauwels.e
in reply to: chearhuat

thanks for the update !
regards,
Erik

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report