Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2014 Ribbon vanish when starting/opening a part/assambly/drawing

32 REPLIES 32
SOLVED
Message 1 of 33
Bohusgjuteriet
3190 Views, 32 Replies

Vault 2014 Ribbon vanish when starting/opening a part/assambly/drawing

I got an annoying problem. Everytime I start Inventor 2014 pro Vault Ribbon loads as it should. The problem is when I start up or load a part/drawing/assambly the Vault Ribbon dissapears!

When I do a reset on the ribbon, Vault comes back, but its really annoying when my recent documents dissapears and some other custom changes I want also dissapears when I reset the Ribbon

The EDM addin is loaded and I've reinstalled both Vault 2014 and Inventor with no luck.

If anyone got an idea of what to do I'll be thrilled to hear it!

32 REPLIES 32
Message 21 of 33

I would ask one question at this point, and it may be a silly one.

Do you have a Vault project as your active project file? If not, it will say Single user and is the reason you cannot select anything in Vault or see the Vault.

See attached view of Project dialog box.

Note: You cannot have any open datasets when editing a project.

1. Close any open datasets.

2. Click Getting Started tab > Launch panel > Projects

Message 22 of 33
scottmoyse
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

The other cause for the Vault Tab not appearing in the Ribbon is when you launch Inventor by opening a file from Windows Recent Files or Windows Explorer. 

If the EDM add-in thing is sorted, then make sure you launch Inventor by itself into the zero document state, then you can open Inventor documents from Windows Explorer then on.

Note if you launch Inventor by opening a document from Vault Explorer the add-in loads correctly.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 23 of 33
aguitton116
in reply to: scottmoyse

Hi,

I had the same problem and the solution works (desactivating the second EDM addin).
 I was surprised with that because I just changed my workstation and I didn't have the problem on the last one. I migrated from a Dell M6500 with windows 7 pro 64 bits french, all autodesk products in french (factory design suite ultimate 2013 and 2014 in parallel and other products) to a Dell M6700 with about the same configuration (except that it's newer) and the same products.

I didn't have the problem on the M6500 and I had it on the M6700. Weird !

The M6700 has an intel i7-3520M @2.90GHz (4 cores) and the M6500 had an intel i7-Q820 @1.73GHz (8 cores). Both have an AMD graphic card (FirePro M6000 FireGL V on the M6700, FirePro M7740 for the M6500).

On the M6500 however I migrated from autodesk products since version 2011 I think whereas on the M6700 it's a brand new installation where I installed first Factory Design Suite 2013 (only required products) then FDS Ultimate 2014 (all products) then vault server and client. Everything is up to date on the both stations (windows and autodesk products).

Maybe it's important that I'm my own server (vault server on the same computer than vault client and autodesk products), anyway it was like this on my M6500 and I didn't have the problem.

Here is what I could share about my own background.

Message 24 of 33
aguitton116
in reply to: aguitton116

OK so it works on Inventor 2014 but as I mentioned earlier, I also have Inventor 2013 and now i can't access vault from Inventor 2013. The EDM Addin won't load. It's in the list but unloaded and even if I check the checkbox, it won't 😞

When I install vault pro 2014 client, I can't see Inventor 2013 addin. I don't remember if it's normal or not. I don't see any 2013 product installed in fact.

Message 25 of 33
aguitton116

I tried to load the 2nd EDM addin in inventor 2014 and see if it works better in Inventor 2013 with no result 😞

I'll try later to reinstall vault client to see if it can solve the problem.

Message 26 of 33
Senthil_Kumar

Vault 2014 will NOT install add-in for Inventor 2013. You need to install Vault 2013 to install the vault add-in for Inventor 2013. After installing you can connect Inventor 2013 with Vault add-in 2013 to Vault 2014 Server.

Hope this helps!

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 27 of 33
aguitton116

Aaahhhh ! That's why it was working on my former computer 😄

Thanks Senthil 😉

Message 28 of 33
karthur1

I am also having trouble getting the Vault menu to stay up.  I have been running APDS 2013 and Vault 2014. Tonite, I installed APDS 2014.  Afer I installed APDS 2014, I went to the Control Panel, Programs and Featurs and added the Inventor 2014 and Autocad add-in for Inventor 2014. Next I installed update 2 for Inventor.

Now I opened a part and the Vault menu is missing.  The Add-in tool shows the two EDM Add-ins like others here have found.  Here is a video of what I am seeing on my system.  I disabled the EDM add-in (the one that is located at MSocree.dll) and I have my menu back. Seems to be working correctly now.

Kirk

Message 29 of 33
OdaiSwinger

Having the same issue. 2 out of 3 machines keep loosing vault menu.  We have been able to reload add-in from disc and it would stick around for a day or so, but eventually it would disappear.

Message 30 of 33

What is fixed is broken again!

I have made all the suggested setting changes as well as uninstalled and Reinstalled Inventor Professional 2014 and Vault Professional 2014.

You can see from the attached image that I have the correct EDM Addin set to Load Automatically and it is loaded. Inventor Vault addin is set to load automatically yet when Inventor is started, it remains unloaded.

Inventor is running Service Pack 2 - after trying it with SP1.

Vault is running the Subscription Service Pack

I am running Windows 7 SP1, i7 CPU M620 @ 2.67 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 64-bit operating system.

This problem seems to be isolated to 1 of 4 installations at this point but we are in the middle of a deployment and need to resolve this issue before full implementation.

Thanks,

Message 31 of 33

Sorry the image didn't come through. So I am unable to see which add-in is selected for load.

If the issue persists please log a support case if you are on subscription so that someone from Product support can take a look at the system.

Do let us know if you need any other help.

Thanks.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 32 of 33
aguitton116

You don't have the second EDM addin ?

I had the problem again this week while deploying 2014 PDSP on both 32 and 64 bit windows 7. Only 2 stations had the problem and it was again the second EDM addin which caused the problem.

I can't tell exactly why it happened only on these stations, but the main difference is that they were 2 real workstation (Lenovo, I don't have the exact name and configuration with me now) whereas the other were just office station (lenovo thinkcenter with embedded intel graphics).

Message 33 of 33

I was able to resolve this with some help from Autodesk Customer Support. Turns out my Virus Protection was blocking the installation of the Service Pack.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report