Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2013 new folder display. How to go back to the old way?!?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Infoseeker
422 Views, 2 Replies

Vault 2013 new folder display. How to go back to the old way?!?

Before, when you clicked on a folder, Vault would show contents of a folder only but not the other folders in it. 2013 shows first the list of folders (which I can see anyways when I expand plus by the folder on the right side of the interface) then the contents - I need to scroll down to see the files in this particular folder. This is confusing.

Geez, some changes are good, some changes are just to pretend its a new and better version... This is the second. At least thats the way I see it.

Is there a way to change it back to the way previous display?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
olearya
in reply to: Infoseeker

Hey there,

2013 introduced a number of folder improvements, including search for folders, folder based categories, properties, project dashboards (reports on folders).  The appearance of folders in the main pane was a requirement for some of these changes.  

If you want to remove folders I would look at setting up a custom view with a filter.  Something like "Category Name does not contain folder".

As long as you use the word "folder" somewhere in your folder category names (like the default folder category) this would remove them.

Hope this helps

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: olearya

I don't mind seeing the folders, it has actually saved me some time once in a while.. But, that said, I just tested your filter and it worked great.  The folders were removed from the view window.  Well played, sir.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report