Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2013 basic can no longer map folders

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
cmclean
594 Views, 3 Replies

Vault 2013 basic can no longer map folders

I have and i believe installed the vault ADMS and clients successfully for Vault basic 2013, but when going to Vault Client basic and trying to map folders to other folders out side the Workspace, i get the message "Server is not Confgured to use that feature"

In all previous versions i have had the workspace installed and mapped to local c drives on user machines and the library files mapped to the server folders where they actually reside and all users have shared libraries from there.

I am finding in 2013 that the libaries are being forced into the workspace now. I have turned of Force folder from with in Vault Client and have looked on the server in the ADMS for an alternate switch but dont see anything.

It is acting like its been enforced some where and i dont know how to un inforce this. I have 12 years of libraries in libray folders on the server

I have Autodesk non related folders in my vault  for pdf docs etc and they are on the server. Their folders are also being forced to the workspace root.

So when i RMB> a folder under the root $ and select "Go to Working Folder" the client makes a folder on the c drive under workspace and when I RMB> Properties for any folder under root, it wont wont allow mapping to any other location and again pops up the message.

How do i relax this enforced condition or is this now how vault 2013 basic operates. Alternately, if this is not how 2013 is meant to operate and i have Enforced Folders turned off,  is there something possibly wrong with my install?

Thanks in advance for any help rendered

Colin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: cmclean

Hi Colin,

Please install the following hotfix and then try properties.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18674074&linkID=9261341

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 4
cmclean

That fixed it .. thank you..

I was almost ready to roll back to 2012 unfortunately that would have meant rolling back many workstations aswell.

Good job Autodesk Vault team

Message 4 of 4
scottmoyse

I just came across this issue the other day when mucking about with Vault Basic. Cheers for sharing the solution on here. Now I know it's not because I was going mental.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums