Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2013 and Small Business Server 2003

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Bluelou
448 Views, 3 Replies

Vault 2013 and Small Business Server 2003

Hi Guys, I want to use Autodesk Vault with inventor, and install it on our server, the server OS is Small Business Server 2003, we are only a small company and cant afford a seperate server just for inventor, there are only 3 users with inventor, however our support company says they will not support us if we install the vault server on SBS 2003. Are there any known issues or any reasons why they wouldnt support us?

Please Help

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: Bluelou

no its one of the required OSes: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=17247402

it doesn't have to be a server OS it can be a workstation OS like Xp or Windows 7

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Bluelou
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks, Thats what i thought but having been told emphatically by our support company that in quotes "You can install it but we wont support you" i wanted to check and see if there was any basis for them not being willing to support it, I even pointed out to them that the autodesk deployment and planning document said that Vault 2013 supported the SBS, i may as well have been talking to the wall.

they also told us we had to have a dedicated server but we arent a big enough company to warrant the outlay for a new server.

Message 4 of 4
hans.martin.haga
in reply to: Bluelou

One alternative is to virtualize the server with VMware ESX-server (which is free). There are tools to convert the existing installation (SBS2003) to a virtualized OS. Then you can install Windows 2008 server and Vault on a second virtual computer. I have done this for a few customers, as there are great benefits of isolating Vault from other business solutions/applications.

ESX-server is approved by Autodesk.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report