Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2013 and Inventor Bug

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
drguitarum2005
474 Views, 3 Replies

Vault 2013 and Inventor Bug

I came across what may be a bug or something that should be addressed unless I'm not seeing the solution.

For whatever reason, even if I just checked in an entire assembly, then check it back out (all through inventor), it'll ask me if I want to update the assembly. I don't see WHY it needs to update the assembly but whatever, I'm not crying about that. WHen I say "ok" or "yes", I guess it sees that as an "edit" to the assembly. If I close the assembly (I only opened it to check something, not particularly to edit it), it asks if I want to save before closing. If I choose yes, it saves and asks if I want to check in, like it should. If I click NO, the model just closes and doesn't get checked back in.

To me if I click NO to NOT save any changes, it should still ask if I want to check it in. Otherwise, if I'm in a hurry and the model closes without being checked in like it SHOULD, EVERY time the model closes (regardless of saved state), I may leave for the day and no one else can edit it while it's checked out to me.

Anyone else notice this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
gaol
in reply to: drguitarum2005

Hi,

You can see the dirty Signal(*) in Inventor Vault browser when the file has been modified. It won't ask you to save without the dirty mark(*), but if it with the dirty *, it is not allowed to check in without save. I suggest if you checked out files but not do any edit you want to check in, just undo check out before cloese. And if you just want to check something and not want to edit, you would better just open files without check out. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Lily

Thanks,
Lily
Message 3 of 4

I have a similar problem, but mine is that my assembly is released and i just downloaded, and it asks all the time if I want to update properties and assembly, 

then when I look into the vault tree in inventor I have the stupid (*), but my files i released.

I have tryed to quick change all the files from the assembly and save them and update properties, check in and then delete workspace, but again when i download i have the same problem again and with the same files.

could someone explain this?

Sofia Grave

Message 4 of 4
swalton
in reply to: SofiaGrave4819

Inventor dirties some iams whenever they are opened.  I think that it has gotten better over the years.  I notice it most in our files when I have flexable sub-assemblies in the main assembly.  I think IV stores info about the position of the components in the flexable sub and wants to update it.

Vault does not understand why Inventor modified the file, but it does understand that Inventor did so. Without that understanding, all Vault can do is ask to check out the file.  You have to make a decision about the reason that IV modified the file and then decide if you want make the checkout.

I hope that Autodesk improves the intagration between the two programs, but I am not sure that the company politics will allow the re-writes to either the Vault or the IV code to fix this.

We gave up on locking released files because of this issue.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report