Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2013 Pro, Licensing questions

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
cbenner
406 Views, 8 Replies

Vault 2013 Pro, Licensing questions

Is there anything on the Vault server that will tell me, at any given moment, how many licenses of Vault Client are in use... and who has them?  And, also, is there any way to force a license to be freed up after a certain time if it is not in use?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
cbenner
in reply to: cbenner

Never mind.  Further searching with different search tags found my answers.

No, on the timeout issue since we are running ECO's.  Any open session of client is seen as active because it constantly looks for updates to the ECO list.

LMTOOLS on the Vault Server can show how many licenses are in use... but not who has them active.

Message 3 of 9
DarrenP

@cbenner wrote:

LMTOOLS on the Vault Server can show how many licenses are in use... but not who has them active.

for this i think someone posted a script on this forum that you can run to determine who has a license

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

here it is: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/Who-has-a-licence/m-p/3334645/highlight/true#M40739

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
DarrenP

according to this the adms vlogs shows who is signed into vault: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/Vault-2012-and-License-Auditing/m-p/3735938/highlight/t...

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
cbenner

Thank you Darrren!  This info helped me to track down the guy who has had client opne in the background since 8:30 this morning!  Beatings shall commence immediately.

Message 7 of 9
kscrichard

Hi all,

Can I ask if Vault Pro licenses are just like othe Autodesk Netowrk licenses ?  If I have 100 users accounts in Vault, & just 50 of them will log on the Vault server to upload / download files, that means I only need to buy 50 Vault Pro licenses ?

Pls kindly advise.

Rdgs

Richard

Message 8 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: kscrichard

how many out of those 100 users will be logging into vault at the same time?

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
Mario-Villada

Check out My Post

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report