Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2012 folder missing after attach

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
SteeveVallieres
284 Views, 2 Replies

Vault 2012 folder missing after attach

Hi,

After installing the vault 2012, attach our vault with success, I check in a part from inventor to the vault, no error seen, but the folder the part was in is missing in the vault browser. And vault explorer doesn't show all the folder we've got before going with vault2012. Also, all the create by is now Guess or Administrator...???

Is it because of the attach? Or the old SQL2005 database...

We didn't restore the backup because the backup of the vault2011 as been made with full SQL2005 and vault 2012 doesn't support that, and we had no more disk space available on the server. So we rebuilt the server with SQL2008 and 1To disk. I try to restore the backup made with sql2005 and vault manager 2011, but the 'sa' password my IT put (on sql2005) was not the same as recommend by autodesk.

We have now follow all the instruction of autodesk implementation guide for SQL 2008 and the installation work fine. The problem is if I try to restore the backup, vaultserver ask me the 'sa' password (for SQL2005 I assume) which my IT don't remember the old password. And he's now in vacancy.

So, that's why a attach the Vault file store and copy the .mdf and log into the data folder.

Need help.

Thanks

Steeve Vallières

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ihayesjr
in reply to: SteeveVallieres

Steve,

The restore process is asking for the 'sa' password for your current SQL 2008 server, not the old one with SQL 2005.

You most likely didn't restore the knowledgeVaultMaster database which is what is causing the folders not to appear and everything associated to the Guest and Administrators account.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 3

Resolved,

He just restart the SQL2008 and restart the vault manager and login with the Administrator, restore the backup and it work perfectly.

Thanks for the respond and your help.

Steeve.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report