Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2011-Search Error

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
varindersra
3987 Views, 27 Replies

Vault 2011-Search Error

Hi,

I am getteing an error message while searching. Please find the attached screenshot of the message.

Thanks!

27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
MaxU77
in reply to: MaxU77

sorry, double posted

MaxU77,
AI2011 Certified Associate
(Soft: PDSU2012, VP2012&VP2013)
Message 22 of 28
paul.gunn

Hi Max,

I'm sorry to hear about your problems - however I think I know the solution. As a result of a fix made in Update2, the ASP process account needs to have access to the indexes directory [C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\VaultServer\Indexes]. This was a side-effect of a separate fix and I don't think it was well-communicated.

The process account is normally NetworkService, but can be different based on OS. The simplest solution would be a just give Users full access to your index directory and children, but if that presents security concerns for you we can work to figure out the correct account for you configuration.

Again, I am sorry to hear about your frustration. And hope this will get you going.

Paul

Message 23 of 28
MaxU77
in reply to: paul.gunn

Paul I don't understand.

Now user "VSERVER9\AutodeskVault" (accout mentioned in "advanced configuration settings") has "full control" access to "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\VaultServer\Indexes" (server).

Both Client and server were restarted afterwards.

Re-index of the issued Vault was done.

227 Error is still there.

Should I give the same access level to that folder to "VSERVER9\Users"?

It is now "Read and Execute" and probably not continuous (checkmarks are grey).

MaxU77,
Message 24 of 28
paul.gunn

Hi Max,

Correct, I'm suggesting giving full control to VSERVER9\Users.

THis will have the affect of giving access to the ASP process acount I mentioned earier.

Paul

Message 25 of 28
MaxU77

Paul, thank you

That has fixed the Search Error.

You've written that this would create some security concerns, Right?

What exactly? Ability for anauthorised access? 

MaxU77,
Message 26 of 28
paul.gunn

Hi Max,

Glad to hear that worked for you. Re security: depends on whether you are worried about people logging onto the machine and manually mucking with the indexes directory. In many cases this may be a non-issue - in others people like keeping things locked down as much as possible. If you are concerned about the directory security, we can address that - just let me know. I suggested starting with the easiest solution to ensure you were operational ASAP.

Paul

Message 27 of 28
scottmoyse

so how can you deal with directoy security?

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 28 of 28
paul.gunn
in reply to: scottmoyse

Hi,

To lock down directory security you need full control for 2 windows users:

(1) the adms impersonating user [that adms runs under] - by default this is 'autodeskvault', but can be changed in installation or adms console

(2) the aspnet process account - this is a little trickier as it depends on the version of IIS. In most cases this would be the 'network service' windows user.

In adms 2012, only the impersonating user (1) needs directory permissions - we eliminated the need for (2).

Hope this helps,

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report