Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2011-Search Error

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
varindersra
3993 Views, 27 Replies

Vault 2011-Search Error

Hi,

I am getteing an error message while searching. Please find the attached screenshot of the message.

Thanks!

27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
in reply to: varindersra

Good Day

I have had that same issue on my Vault 2011. To fix it you need to rebuild your search indexes, but before you do this you must delete everything within the Idexes folder in application data.

The link below will explain how to do this.

http://crackingthevault.typepad.com/crackingthevault/2009/10/how-to-delete-the-lucene-indexes-and-re...

This repairs my searching for a while, but as soon as a reindex occures it seems to break again. Autodesk has asked me to do a reinstall of the ADMS and SQL, which I havent yet got around to.

This error also seems to be coupled with this error ([1122] BadPropertyReindexError) which occures on the ADMS server when you try and do a reindex properties of a vault database. If you then right click again (sometimes a few times) once the reidex has started and select reindex properties this error will then pop up. As soon as the error above occurs your error 179 is back, and you will have redo as the link above.

Maybe you will be lucky and the rebuild of the search indexes will work, and you will have no more issues.

However if it doesnt work please post again so we can get Autodesk to look into it.

Best Regards,

Brett

Message 3 of 28
varindersra
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I tried doing as you said. It was working fine yesterday, But this morning it started giving me the same error again.

Message 4 of 28
paul.gunn

Could you post the server log with the error?

The vlogs are located on the server at: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\VaultServer\FileStore . Or can be viewed from adms console.  Just pick one for a date you were seeing the error.

Thanks,

Paul Gunn

Message 5 of 28
varindersra
in reply to: paul.gunn

See Attachments.

Message 6 of 28
paul.gunn

Hi,

Based on the log file, this appears to be a file system access error.

Please ensure that the windows account vault server runs under [this is the AutodeskVault user by default] has full access to the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\VaultServer\Indexes directory along with it's subfolders and files.

This should get things working for you. Please let me know if you have any questions on doing this.

Paul

Message 7 of 28
Anonymous

Hi Paul

I am going to reinstall vault over the weekend, to see if a reinstall fixs some of our issues. but wanted to know if you could take a look at my log files. I am getting a range of different errors, one of them being 179, and another being 227.

The log files also suggest an "access denied error", but it seems more sql based then folder based. Do you know why or where this access denied is coming from in my log files?

Best Regards

Message 8 of 28
paul.gunn

Hi Brett,

You are right that the access denied (dll load error) is a separate issue. It is one that a number of customers have begun encountering very recently (in the past couple weeks) - and we're actively investigating to try and determine the root cause. You may want to log a support issue on this to keep in a tight loop on progress.

Some customers have been able to (at least temporarily) resolve the issue with an IisReset - so that might be useful as a temporary workaround.

Also, if you have a chance could you post or send me your windows application event log? I believe the load errors are described in more detail there and it might give us more information as to what's going on.

Paul

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous

Hi Paul

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunatly I had already began redoing the server when I saw your post. What we did was format the vault server, and upgraded to windows server 2008, which is something we have been wanting to do for a while now. We then reinstalled ADMS Pro 2011, with SP1, and SQL 2005 SP3, and resored the backup. I couldnt do much testing on the weekend, but we will know for sure by sometime this week if everything is working, as the drawing office starts working.

Thanks for your help, I will be sure to post again depending on how the server holds up.

Best Regards,

Brett Caldeira

Message 10 of 28
varindersra

Hi,

Its been a while and I am not able to use the vault at all, because I can't search anything. Re-indxing is not doing anything. Can I get some kind of timeline on when is going to be resolved. This is very frustrating, I am in middle of project that I need to submit at the end of this month. I not hearing anything from autodesk yet.

Message 11 of 28
paul.gunn

Hi varindersra,

Did you attempt the solution I posted on 07-15-2010? Your problem is different from Bretts and should be easily solvable. Based on your log, It appeared to just be a file system permissions issue.

Paul Gunn

Message 12 of 28
varindersra

I did couple of things I gave full control to the "Autodesk Vault" user under "indexes" folder. And secondly I deleted the contents of that folder and rebuilt the search indexes as mention in the link you provided. But its not working. I don't know whats wrong but the "indexes" folder is now empty even though I ADMS console says its rebuilding the indexes. I am attaching new server log just in case. I tried all the obvious stuff.

Message 13 of 28
paul.gunn

Hi,

The good news is that It looks like you solved the initial problem. I note that early in the log you were getting the directory access error - and that seems to have been resolved. Unfortunately the bad news is that subsequently, you start running into the issue Brett mentioned earlier in the thread [failure to load the dll].

For the dll load problem, I don't have an immediate solution for you. I know a team at Autodesk is actively investigating and trying to determine the cause of this issue and would recommend you open a support case so your information [e.g. operating system, etc] can be gathered and help pin-point the problem. Additionally opening a support case will ensure you are notified of a solution as soon as one is available.

One possible workaround I have heard of is to run an IISreset.exe  [this can be executed by opening a windows command prompt]. Some customers have reported that this resolves the problem.

Paul

Message 14 of 28
varindersra

Does Vault update 2 fixes the "Error 227". I checked the documentation for "Vault update 2" its not mentioned in the documentation. 

Message 15 of 28
paul.gunn

Yes -

Update 2 has a fix specifically for this problem.

Paul

Message 16 of 28
Anonymous

Hi All

I am experiencing error 227 (Search indexing error) after a recent install of the Vault 2011 update 2. Rebuilding indexes only works untill the next client reboot, after which the error occurs again.

Anyone have ideas on this?

Thanks

Bryan

Message 17 of 28
paul.gunn

Hi Bryan,

Could you attach your server vlog with the issue? That would tell us if it is the same issue.

Thanks,

Paul

Message 18 of 28
Anonymous

HI Paul

Please find the vlog attached.

Many thanks

Message 19 of 28
paul.gunn

Hi Bryan,

It looks like the vault impersonating user [the windows user vault runs as] is lacking permissions to the index directory. It looks like your index directory was moved at some point, so this step may have been missed when the move was done. You can look up the impersonating user name in ADMS console [tools -> administration -> advanced settings -> advanced configuration -> first section of this dialog]. Just give full control to this user for G:\VaultData\Indexes and subdirectories and files - this should fix your problem.

Paul

Message 20 of 28
MaxU77

I also suffer multi-problem with Vault PRO 2011 update2

It almost uncontrolled now.

The latest error is 227.

1. What does

"Warning: Lucene failed to remove its lock file C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\VaultServer\Indexes\TEL_Projects.
Exception: Access to the path 'C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\VaultServer\Indexes\TEL_Projects\write.lock' is denied."

in vlog mean?

2. Paul, your recommendation is unclear.

Under tools -> administration -> advanced settings ->

I see not "advanced configuration" but rather "advanced configuration settings" section which contains the only button "Settings"

Do you mean it is the place where to see "user name" value?

As I understand in my case I should set full comntrol access to "user name" to  "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\VaultServer" , Right?

If so ... then it doesn't help in my case.

Since begining considering using Vault 2011 I'm not working anymore, I'm just observing one errors codes trnansforming to another 1200 - 1052 - 227. Tech support constantly askes for database.

I've never ever been more frustrated with autodesk software. Now I can't even find what is checked out to me...

MaxU77,
AI2011 Certified Associate
(Soft: PDSU2012, VP2012&VP2013)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report