Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2009 Issues

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
OohMatron
372 Views, 8 Replies

Vault 2009 Issues

Hello All,

Having recently upgraded my ADMS5 to ADMS2009 I have successfully migrated two of my divisions over to Inventor R2009.

However, my third division are still on R11 & Vault Explorer 2009. Having had the problem where I could not use my network workspaces I reverted everyone to local (C:) workspaces, which seemed to work well except for Content Center. The CC files are placed on a network share that everyone has access to.

When opening from Vault the files are placed onto their C: but the CC bits being retrieved to M: takes 2 to 3 seconds longer each component. This is making everyone have to wait a lot longer than usual. Especially on jobs that are 700 / 800 parts and 5000+ instances.

Having had a look at my ADMS server to check if that was OK I ran the Diagnostic Tool and have an error when 'Checking SQL Server \AUTODESKVAULT'

The server console runs up fine and my Vault Explorer Clients access the server, but I'm a little worried about the failing diagnostics.

Can anyone help with these issues.?

Thanks

Stephen
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
OohMatron
in reply to: OohMatron

Would I be better raising a Support Request for this.?

Regards

Stephen
Message 3 of 9
OohMatron

Another issue on the same job.....

Right, as well as the slow retrieving of the CC parts on a 'shared' drive I've just noticed another issue.

When carrying out an 'Open From Vault' from Inventor we get the File Retrieval box counting up 1 to 617 of 617 then as soon as the bar reaches the top it starts all over again.!

It did this three times before dispalying the correct dialogue boxes reagrding checking out and then opening the model.

These definately were File Retrieval Boxes and NOT Updating Status. This model took 35 minutes to open compared to the 5/10 minutes on Vault 5.!

Any Ideas.?

Thanks

Stephen
Message 4 of 9
mingying.zhou

Hi Stephen,

Sorry for late reply.

I've done some investigation on the CC files issue you described, I can see the issue your described. Because the CC files' path is not in project location, after downloading the project to local(C), the CC files folder cannot locate which folder do you want to download to. So if you want to download the CC files, you can edit the local project and change the Content Center Files path to your local disk. And open from vault again, your can see the CC file have been downloaded.

For open from vault performance issue, as I know there have some new features added in ADMS2009 server, so if you use Inventor R11 to connect the server, the performance is slower than before.

Hope this helps. If this is not your issue, could you provide more information such as an AVI or screenshot.

Thanks,
Shadow
Message 5 of 9
OohMatron

Hello Shadow,

I've raised a SR on this 1-4174689391.

Richard Rankin has helped me out with regards to my Diagnostic Tool Error, the password just needed to be changed.

Also, a document he forwarded to me helped with my slow CC parts, I had my Mapped Folders set incorrect. Which I thought was strange as it was working well for 2/3 years under Vault 5.

With regards to the multiple Retrieval process I have attached an avi file to the SR. Would you like me to post it here too.?

Thanks for the reply.

Stephen
Message 6 of 9
mingying.zhou

Hi Stephen,

I'm very happy to hear that.

For the multiple Retrieval process issue, it's very appreciated that if you can attach the avi to here. This is a valuable experience and can share the information to others if they meet the same issue.

Thanks,
Shadow
Message 7 of 9
OohMatron

Hi Shadow.

No problem avi file attached.

Regards

Stephen
Message 8 of 9
OohMatron

I had to spilt the video into two zips, here's the other.

Rename this zip to .z01
Message 9 of 9
mingying.zhou

Hi Stephen,

I can reproduce the multiple Retrieval process issue on build Inventor R11_SP4 + ADMS2009 + BP. It seems this is a BP special issue. I have asked our Dev to investigate this. Thanks for your patience on this. I will deliver the result to your when I get the updated result. Thanks very much.

Thanks,
Shadow Message was edited by: Shadow Zhou (Autodesk)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report