Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VP2013 item and CO security

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mark.cloyed
306 Views, 3 Replies

VP2013 item and CO security

Can I control who can see items and COs?  I have two sites in a fully replicated environment. I want one site to only see certain sections of the vault.  I can use folder security to hide the files/folders.  Is there a way to control if that site sees certain items and certain COs?

Thanks,
Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mollons
in reply to: mark.cloyed

If you do not give the users at the other site Item or CO roles then they won't see them.

Also you could groups for each site, place the users from each site in their respective group, and then assign roles to the groups.

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!
Message 3 of 4
mark.cloyed

Scott,

Thanks for the reply.  We want to see some items, but not all items,  The same is true for COs, we want a certain group to only see the ones they create, so we can't take away their role assignment entirely.  I don't see a way to do that.  It appears to be all or nothing.  Is that the case?

I'm not sure what you are describing for groups.  I see that appication for the files, by controlling folder access, but can we use groups to control access/visibility to items and COs?

Thanks,

Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 4 of 4
mollons

There is no way to hide some items or change orders from only some users. If the user can see one item they can see them all.

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report