Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Vault on Terminal Services

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Stevenbraun
559 Views, 1 Reply

Using Vault on Terminal Services

Can someone please assist. We have numerous User requirements for accessing / viewing / marking up of our drawings. For example, our Field Service people need to access our Drawings for use in the field for installations.

My sales people need access to send to our customers general arrangement drawings. Various management, technical and product support personnel (we have 12 x Product Technologies) need to access and review drawings and comment according, people on the floor need to access and read / print manufacturing drawings, etc, etc.

Like with many of our Company's software (eg MS Office) we have the programs operating on our 2008 R2 Server and purchase Licencing so as we can have Concurrent Users using the various MS Office programs. In addition, we have the same for our ERP, CRM and many other programs- all operating without issue on TS Servers.

Using TS Servers saves Company's enormous amount of time and money. And this is because all programs are on TS Servers and if a Laptop or PC is stolen, a PC fails,or a need for redundancy, etc. then it is just a matter of purchasing another one and in 5 minutes all is up and running- also nothing is lost as well,  

Can Autodesk please advise how we can set- up Vault so that it can be utilised on a TS Server with Concurrent Users. I have endeavoured to get answers from my Reseller / Support provider and I just get the run- around.

It will be shame if we are forced to seek an alternative Drawing Suite that can provide us with what we need. 

Looking forward to Auto Desk's positive response- peter.woodford@lsmtechnologies.com.au  

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
DarrenP
in reply to: Stevenbraun

autodesk doesn't allow any of their licensed software to run like this

according to them it violates their license agreement

Citrix is the only way where it won't violate thier EULA

and this is only offered to a select number of products

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Autodesk-EULA-and-non-Citrix-Virtualization/td-...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report