Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ungültige Datenbankanmeldung/Unvalid data base notification

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
dominik.gleinser
838 Views, 11 Replies

Ungültige Datenbankanmeldung/Unvalid data base notification

Hallo alle zusammen,

Hello everybody,

habe Probleme mit meiner ADMS Console. Bei der Anmeldung bekomme ich folgende Fehlermeldung:

I have following error while registrating at ADMS Console:

unvalid database.png

Diese Meldung kann ich mit "OK" übergehen und komme in die ADMS Console.

I can skip this error message with "OK".

Beim Versuch eine Bibliothek zu "trennen", bekomme ich folgende Fehlermeldung:

I tried to detach a library and get following error message:

adms error.png

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

With best regards

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Was the database recently migrated?  Also, did the "sa" password or your username password change recently?  Also, if you go directly to the path in the second error dialog, does that file exist in that path?

Thanks,

Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 3 of 12

Hallo Jim,

you are right, I have already fixed the second error. The mdf/ldf file werde deleted. I have restored my backup. But I can't fix the first problem...

Thank you for reply!

Dominik

Message 4 of 12

When you restored the back-up did it prompt you for a password during the restore?  I am thinking what you are seeing here is that the previous state had a password set one way and after the restore the password it is expecting has changed.  Is it possible to get more details on what you were doing that lead to this error?  This might help me suggest ways to get you back on track 🙂

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 5 of 12

Hi Jim,

I only copied the mdf/ldf files in the folder "MSSQL"-"Data" for restore.

I think the problem occured, because I have more than one vault in my ADMS Console. I have around 10 vaults for tests (for each of our customers). I know that I shouldn't do this!! 😉

I think this is the problem.

I also tried to restart the data base in the SQL Management Console, but this didn't solve the problem.

I also restarted the "SQL SERVER (AUTODESKVAULT)"  and the "SQL Server Browser" in the SQL Configurations manager.

A complete restore of the backup should solve the problem, but I want to know how I can solve this problem, if it occus again at a customer's server 😕

Thank you very much for your eplies

Message 6 of 12

Message 7 of 12

Having multiple vaults shouldn't be a problem.  We have 4 or 5 here and I believe customers are running multiple vaults as well.  Do these customers have administrative access to the vaults?  This might end up being something that one of them changed the main administrator password underneath you.  Are you looking in using a domain user name or a vault user name?  Are you able to log into SQL under the AutodeskVault instance?  I don't want you to do anything inside SQL but just want to make sure that you can still log into that.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 8 of 12

Nobody else have acess to it,

that are only local vaults on my laptop. I always make a new vault, before I install the vautl at the customer's servers.

I make a test vault configuration.

I have the SQL erro.log as attachement. Maybe you can see something corrupt!?

Thanks!

Message 9 of 12

It looks like something happened with the VaultSys user.  It appears they can no longer access the database.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 10 of 12
mollons
in reply to: JamesMcMullen

Did you restore the Master Vault as well?

You should have a KnowledgeVaultMaster.mdf in your data folder.

Right click on the root node in ADMS Console and select Restore Master Vault.

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!
Message 11 of 12
dominik.gleinser
in reply to: mollons

Hi,

i have resored the master and the knowledgemaster. I solved the second error, but I can't solve the error "unvalid databse notification":

unvalid database.png

This error also occurs, when I click a vault or a library in  the ADMS Console...

thanks

Message 12 of 12

Hi,

another information: I can work with the Vault-Explorer. There is no problem! All Users are running...

I don't understand this!

I should make a whole restore of the backup. I think this should solve it, but this would not answer my question!

I want to find the reason for this error, to avoud it in future 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report