Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to check in Surface (Object) into Vault 2014 Civil 3D Project

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kimjones4110
503 Views, 3 Replies

Unable to check in Surface (Object) into Vault 2014 Civil 3D Project

I am setting up our Vault to handle Civil 3D drawings. We have been using it for some time without adding Civil 3D to it with few problems. However this is new territory, so I need it all difured out before I ask my users to put thier work in it.

I am following along the project management Tutorial that comes with Civil 3D 2014 titled "Creating, Referencing, and Modifying Project Object Data". On exercise 1 I am asked to save the surface-3.dwg with a new name and check it into the Vault. On check in (which I am doing as instructed from the Prospector) I get an error that says the file could not be checked in due to restrictions. It lists the affected Object as XGND. Well, sure enough the file when it where it should, but no surface.

What is wrong here?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
smithmat
in reply to: kimjones4110

Are you using any Vault Web Service Extensions?  I ask since I noticed in the image the restriction text has a misspelling "Checck in Error", and I've not seen that error before.

Message 3 of 4
kimjones4110
in reply to: smithmat

Nope. I noticed that too and thought it was odd.

Kim Jones
Engineering Technician
Generation - Tacoma Power
253-502-8142
Message 4 of 4
kimjones4110
in reply to: kimjones4110

Ok, we figured this out. Working folder for the project must be set to C:\Civil 3D Projects!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report