Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thunderdome....

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
cbenner
936 Views, 8 Replies

Thunderdome....

No, not the Mel Gibson, Tina Turner Mad Max movie.  Project Thunderdome, from Doug Redmond's blog: http://justonesandzeros.typepad.com/

I just used it for the first time this morning to successfully push down some Vault Client Custom views and grid layouts to another user.  I'm loving it!  Normally when I make a change I want all of my users viewing screens the same way I do.  I have to run to each machine and configure the columns and properties etc etc etc....  With Thunderdome I can do it all from my chair!

Thanks Doug!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 3 of 9
mbodnar
in reply to: cbenner

Hi Chris/Doug

I like the app as well, but have been having a few issues when changes are made to the deployment, and the client log in to read the changes.

Some clients get the window prompting them to update while others do not.

I have tried a number of things but does not always work.

I am wondering if you or anyone else has experienced this issue?

Regards

Max B

Message 4 of 9
Redmond.D
in reply to: mbodnar

Here are a few things that may account for your issue:

- The client does not have Thunderdome installed.

- The Thunderdome version does not match the Vault client version.  For example, Thunderdome 2014 only works with the Vault 2014 client.

- The user previously clicked on the "Never ask me again" option.  To clear this value: Exit the Vault client, go to %ProgramData%Autodesk\Vault 2014\Extensions\Thunderdome, delete settings.xml and restart the Vault client.

Thanks for the feedback,

- Doug

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 9
mbodnar
in reply to: cbenner

Hi Doug

Thanks for the info. I will try the last option. The others do not apply as we are using correct version. As I mentioned for a group of users with same Vault/Thunderdome version, some work while others do not.

Does deleting Vault settings from this folder have any impact on forcing Thunderdome to read the deployment?

Thanks

Max B

Message 6 of 9
Redmond.D
in reply to: mbodnar

Deleting the settings should have two effects:

- It clears the "never ask me again" option

- It prompts the user to download the Thunderdome deployment package, even if the client is up-to-date.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 9

Hello

I just found out about thunderdome. Sounds great. But I cannot access it. It is not here: Tools -> Thunderdome. Or elsewhere. It is listet as an installed app in the app manager dialog box, in vault and marked up to date.

I am using vault 2018 basic and I downloaded the 2018 version of thunderdome

Do you know what I am missing here?

Thanks

BR Morten

Message 8 of 9

Hi Morten,

Vault Extensions only load in Vault Workgroup or Vault Professional. Not in Vault Basic.

Regards,
Pim Saarloos
Product Manager
If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. Kudos are much appreciated!
Message 9 of 9

Hi Pim

Ok dang - thanks! :O)

Another upgrade argument 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report