Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thin Client service unavailable Subscription Release 2014

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
mdellunto
2052 Views, 21 Replies

Thin Client service unavailable Subscription Release 2014

Hi guys,

The new 2014 thin client looks nice but why so many problems?

Upgrading from Vault Pro 2013 to Vault Pro 2014 SR1 sp1 we are trying out the new thin client. Everything seemed to be working great other then clicking on the item master link and getting a pop up. Not sure if anyone can help with this?

That put aside I thought this would be a good time to get my very busy production team to test it out.

The next day when I went down to show them the new faceny flashing light thin client I get this error when trying to login.

autodesk1.png

embarressed but not shocked. 😉 (autodesk) Next I tired the old thin client.

autodesk2.png

From this point I started looking into the system logs and came across my very spammed event viewer.

autodesk4.pngautodesk3.png

All the problems seemed to have started here.

autodesk5.png

autodesk6.png

autodesk8.png

autodesk9.png

A IIS reset let me login but then soon after i get.

(the request failed with HTTP status 503: service unavailable.)

checking the event logs and i see this and i keep getting service is busy etc...

Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 5/27/2014 9:38:03 AM Event time (UTC): 5/27/2014 1:38:03 PM Event ID: 12d1282c0bbd43d0840341d9cf6466b2 Event sequence: 40 Event occurrence: 2 Event detail code: 0 Application information: Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/AutodeskTC-1-130456712120751013 Trust level: Full Application Virtual Path: /AutodeskTC Application Path: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Vault Thin Client 2014\ Machine name: localhost Process information: Process ID: 3844 Process name: w3wp.exe Account name: IIS APPPOOL\AutodeskTCPool Exception information: Exception type: WebException Exception message: The request failed with HTTP status 503: Service Unavailable. at Autodesk.Connectivity.WebServices.KnowledgeVaultSvc._KnowledgeVaultService.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Autodesk.Connectivity.WebServices.KnowledgeVaultSvc._KnowledgeVaultService.GetVaultOption(String optionName) at DataManagement.Application.Web.VaultUtils.AdministrativeSettings.GetVaultSettings(Connection vdfConn) at DataManagement.Application.Web.Controllers.AdministrativeSettingsController.BannerImage() at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClass6.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) Request information: Request URL: http://localhost/AutodeskTC/localhost/vault/AdministrativeSettings/BannerImage Request path: /AutodeskTC/localhost/vault/AdministrativeSettings/BannerImage User host address: 192.168.0.55 User: radu Is authenticated: True Authentication Type: Vault Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\AutodeskTCPool Thread information: Thread ID: 7 Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\AutodeskTCPool Is impersonating: False Stack trace: at Autodesk.Connectivity.WebServices.KnowledgeVaultSvc._KnowledgeVaultService.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Autodesk.Connectivity.WebServices.KnowledgeVaultSvc._KnowledgeVaultService.GetVaultOption(String optionName) at DataManagement.Application.Web.VaultUtils.AdministrativeSettings.GetVaultSettings(Connection vdfConn) at DataManagement.Application.Web.Controllers.AdministrativeSettingsController.BannerImage() at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClass6.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) Custom event details:

Now i am at a point where i am about to give up on this Subscription Release and start testing the normal version. Just wondering if anyone from Autodesk can make my day 😄

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
johannes.bauer
in reply to: mdellunto

mdellunto, do you see any profile related errors in your eventviewer? If yes you could go and try advanced settings on the app pool and set the field "Load User Profile" to false. Did changing the App pool identity to local system help?

HTH
Johannes Bauer

Customer Technical Successt
Message 22 of 22
mdellunto
in reply to: mdellunto

Hello everyone!

Well great news. I have tried this with three other test servers and so far each one is still running succesfully. It seems that each web app needs to be isolated in order to work with a large filestore/database.

As jesseck suggested I split each web application into its own Application Pool. Here is a screenshot of before and after.

BEFORE

a.png

AFTER

b.png

As you can see in the before picture there is a app pool made for the filestore but not being used. Looks like it was made for a reason but I guess the installer/servicepacks never moved the web app over. From the errors I was getting it looked like the file store web app was crashing. Since isolating each web app to its own pool and without changing any permissions content indexing service runs with out any problems now. 

Thank you everyone for your support and help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report