Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The process cannot access the file C:\Vault\vault.ipj because...

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
mjgky30SA
2616 Views, 8 Replies

The process cannot access the file C:\Vault\vault.ipj because...

When we try to open files from Vault Pro 2011 we are seeing the error message: The process cannot access the file C:\Vault\(our company name)vault.ipj because it is being used by another process. If we say to skip it still opens the file but also opens another session of Inventor. This is the message myself and a coworker see. Another coworker has a different error message appear: "SecurityUtilities.SaveFileToDisk() - Read Only File." I think this started happening when someone accidently checked out the project file from Vault...?
We're using Inventor 2011 and Vault Pro 2011. Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
bill.ross
in reply to: mjgky30SA

Hello fellow "slaves to the machine", we are getting the same error in a few of our machines. Likewise we are also using Inventor series 2011, but with basic vault.

Any answers AutoDesk?

Message 3 of 9
MRanda
in reply to: bill.ross

I am getting this error as well, but am not using vault. Just started using 2011 on this machine, and get the error several times per session (up to 12 to 16 hours).

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Intel i7-6700K Liquid Cooled CPU
MSI GTX GeForce 1080 AERO 8GB OC Graphics
32 Gigs DDR 4 Ram
500 GB SSD OS Drive
4TB SSHD File Server Drive
Windows 10 Pro
Applied Design Intelligence
http://applieddesignintelligence.com/
Message 4 of 9
DeanRiley4741

I am also running Inventor Suite 2011 and am having the same issue. Don't know if it is a bug or what it is but real annoying to have to keep closing and opening Inventor 20 times a day. This happens when I am saving a file, mostly on idw's. We use Vault but I frequently do not sign into it while working on a current project that I have not checked in yet. We wait until the project is complete to check in files. Also having trouble during save where it appears to save but then locks up Inventor and the task manager has to be used to end task just to get out of Inventor. Not liking 2011 at all, 2010 was much better and never had these lockup issues or any other issues for that matter. Sometimes what a company, such as Autodesk, that thinks improvements are necessary and for everybody isn't always the case. Inventor is know a total resource hog that crashes or locks up constantly and the amount of work that can be done has decreased by half or more due to all of the problems.

Message 5 of 9
iamerm
in reply to: DeanRiley4741

Has anyone found a resolution for this error message:

"SecurityUtilities.SaveFileToDisk() - Read Only File."

I got it today after updating our project file.  I tried to perform a "get" operation on the file using Vault Explorer 2011, & that's when the message popped up.

Message 6 of 9
Mike_Maenpaa
in reply to: iamerm

One of the users here is getting the message when trying to Get Latest Version on a part in the Library.

What's causing this and how do we solve it.

Mike

Message 7 of 9
Mike_Maenpaa
in reply to: Mike_Maenpaa

Using Vault 2010

Here is a screen capture.

MIke

Message 8 of 9
j_spiradek

Hi.

Anybody know how to fix problem with error: "SecurityUtilities.SaveFileToDisk() - Read Only File."?

Kuba

MAT

Jakub Spiradek
MAT.net.pl
Autodesk Gold Partner
Message 9 of 9
itnovative
in reply to: j_spiradek

One of my clients had the same problem.

This error occurs when the client does not have write permissions to the Vault working directory.

This often is a local directory.

When write permissions are added for the loggedin (domain)user the error is gone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report