Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The dreaded Error 1316 is back. VP2015

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
cbenner
1149 Views, 4 Replies

The dreaded Error 1316 is back. VP2015

Just got the dreaded error 1316 on a fairly large assembly, trying to assign Item.  I read this post which seems to suggest going through the assembly line by line to assign items until the problem is detected.  First line I tried gave me error 109!  See server log for details.

This is where I begin to rant a bit.  I'm sorry but you have to be some sort of Cyberman for these server logs to mean anything at all.  Why can't they simply say "this failed and here is why"?  Rant over.

I THINK the log is trying to tell me that this is already an Item, but why should that stop me from assigning an item to the top level assembly?  Shouldn't I simply be given the option to use the existing sub-assembly or component Item... or replace it with a new one?  This should not be a show stopper.  If I have to build these BOM's line by line, in an assembly with well over 500 components... well it just ain't worth the time.

Has anyone ever found a good solution to this 1316 / 109 error in assigning Items to large assemblies?  BTW, no iparts in this assembly, but it IS a Frame Generator assembly.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
johannes.bauer
in reply to: cbenner

Hi Chris,

I find this in the SDK for Vault 2015 to the error message 1316

1316 PromoteFileIterations - Failed File iterations could not be promoted

Error 109 points to an Database issue, so you might wanna check there.

It can be, that a part of this assembly is checked out to another user and maybe therefore it cannot be assigned.

Or there is an error with a part, which is locked in the database somehow.

Can you check out this assembly, to check if this is working correctly?

Is the error 109 present in the error log?

We divide these errors and the logs, since it is a very complex product and needs proper analysis option to get most information out of it.

Thank you.

HTH
Johannes Bauer

Customer Technical Successt
Message 3 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: johannes.bauer

Hello Johannes,

The assembly is working in Inventor.  It is one that I just completed and checked in for the first time.

Here is what i got in Vault on the 1316 error:

Error: Soap Exception ( mesg-id = 635417040686340189 )
Exception: PromoteFileIterationsFailed [1316]
Stacktrace:
Server stack trace:
at Connectivity.Product.Services.ItemService.ProcessComponents(Nullable`1 walkBom, Boolean autoAssignDuplicates)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message.Dispatch(Object target)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at Connectivity.Product.Services.ItemService.ProcessComponents(Nullable`1 walkBom, Boolean autoAssignDuplicates)
at Connectivity.Web.Services.v19.ItemService.AddFilesToPromote(Int64[] fileIds, ItemAssignAll assignAll, Boolean autoAssignDuplicates)
at SyncInvokeAddFilesToPromote(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

Exception(Inner): Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.BOMComponentMaster' with unique index 'IX_BOMComponentMaster_1'.
The statement has been terminated.
Warning: Null value is eliminated by an aggregate or other SET operation.
Stacktrace(Inner): at Connectivity.Product.Services.ItemService.ParseBOMBlobs(ArrayList newBoms)

And here is the 109:

Error: Soap Exception ( mesg-id = 635417041911603885 )
Exception: DatabaseError [109] 
Stacktrace: 
Server stack trace: 

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at Connectivity.Product.Services.ItemService.ParseBOMBlobs(ArrayList newBoms)
   at Connectivity.Web.Services.v19.ItemService.AddFilesToPromote(Int64[] fileIds, ItemAssignAll assignAll, Boolean autoAssignDuplicates)
   at SyncInvokeAddFilesToPromote(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

Exception(Inner): Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.BOMComponentMaster' with unique index 'IX_BOMComponentMaster_1'.
Stacktrace(Inner):    at Connectivity.Product.Services.ItemService.ParseBOMBlobs(ArrayList newBoms)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message.Dispatch(Object target)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Message 4 of 5
johannes.bauer
in reply to: cbenner

Hi Chris,
That seems to be a database issue then, as you can see the portion here:
Which is a SQL Error.
Can you please open a Case with product support with that, so they can look into it and take it to development if needed.
Thank you very much.

Johannes Bauer
Premium Support and Services
Data Management
Twitter<>
Facebook<>

Autodesk GesmbH
Dr.-Schauerstrasse 26
A-4600 Wels
www.autodesk.com<>
Firmenbuchnummer: FN 109096 k
Firmenbuchgericht: Landesgericht Wels

[Description: Description: Email_Signature_Logobar]<>

[AU Germany]<>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in this transmission is strictly PROHIBITED.

HTH
Johannes Bauer

Customer Technical Successt
Message 5 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: johannes.bauer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report