Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange files in queue and dissapearing search

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Nata_ly
412 Views, 15 Replies

Strange files in queue and dissapearing search

Hi!
I have some questions there.

1) My Job Server Queue window has next columns: ID, Priority, Status, Description, Submitted Date and so on.
Today morning I found 1000 files (more than 1000 but only 1000 can be displayed in this window) in queue. Yesterday it was almost empty.
This files look alright in all fields except empty Description and strange Date – it was from august to nowadays.
Queue was cleaned. But what could it be?

2) Every time I run Vault I have the same issue: I couldn’t find my custom search. And what I must to do – is to log out and login again. And there is it, my search! Every time after running Vault. Why?

Thank in advance, I would be grateful for any help!

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Nata_ly
in reply to: Nata_ly

And what's more this files have Job Type: Autodesk.ERP.Packaging and Priority: 100.

Message 3 of 16
paul.gunn

Hi,

The ERP.Packaging jobs are for server integration with ERP and should not be showing up in the client queue. We have been able to reproduce this problem and are working on a fix for this issue.

Paul

Message 4 of 16
Maxim-CADman77
in reply to: paul.gunn

I can confirm that those jobs are not visible for users with role less than ERP Manager.

Even so we used to browse queue by ERP manager but never saw job of this type before.

Message 5 of 16
paul.gunn
in reply to: Maxim-CADman77

Yes -

This is result of a timing condition - based on whether the job processor contacts the server before background tasks are run (subsequent to server startup or IISReset). So this issue would be intermittant and doesn't appear all the time.

Paul

Message 6 of 16
Nata_ly

Thank you.

I think, first issue was call out by automatic log outs.

Message "Your account has been automatically logged out of the Autodesk data management server. You must log in to access the vault." appeared very often this 3 days.

But today everything is OK.

But there is the 2) issue.

Message 7 of 16
paul.gunn

Hi,

Unfortunately I have never seen the behavior in (2) so don't have any guidance on this. It sounds like your saved searches are temporarily disappearing from the client application? Is there some series of steps that could reproduce this issue? Are other users running into this issue also?

Paul

Message 8 of 16
Nata_ly

As far as I know only I have this issue.
It has appeared after updates setting by thunderdome. And this unreadable symbols too.

3.JPG

Just want to know what could bring this issue...

Message 9 of 16
paul.gunn

Hi,

This is pretty weird - the names of the saved search are different from what you originally named the saved search (have different characters, etc.)? Have you experimented with renaming the search to not include the strange characters?

You might want to consider running some anti-virus scans also. I'm a little suspicious if the data is being changed behind your back. I'm not aware of any cases where the client application would automatically rename these searches or otherwise modify this data.

Paul

Message 10 of 16
Nata_ly

I've modified all incorrect names in 1st log in manually and they were repaired in 2nd log in automatically .

But my search is still hidden.

Message 11 of 16
paul.gunn

I'm sorry - based on the description I really have no idea what is going on.

By 'repaired', do you mean that incorrect characters were readded to the searches? Have you looked into running a virus scan on the machine as suggested earlier? From my understanding of the behavior you are seeing something sounds quite wrong. These names should not be automatically changing as you describe.

Paul

Message 12 of 16
Nata_ly

I mean, I renamed all searches and tapped normal symbols instead unreadable ones. And when I logged out and logged in in the 2nd time, all searches had normal names.
Yes, I've just ended virus scanning. Anything was found.

Message 13 of 16
paul.gunn

So my understanding is the remaining problem is one saved search that disappears and reappears on next login. Is that right?

If so then one idea would be to try deleting that saved search and recreating it from scratch.

Paul

Message 14 of 16
Nata_ly

Yes, you are right.
I recreated my search and now have it in list during 1st log in.
Warning message appeared: "Saved search with name .... already exists." So I changed it name.
And unreadable symbols have appeared again! (in 1st log in):

4.JPG

Message 15 of 16
paul.gunn

Hi,

I recommend logging a support case on this issue. I have never seen behavior such as this.

Paul

Message 16 of 16
Nata_ly

OK, thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report