Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show only released revisions?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jverduin
571 Views, 5 Replies

Show only released revisions?

In the Web Client for Vault Pro 2011, I can't seem to find a detailed explanation as to what the "Show only released revisions" option. Please excuse my ignorance but, does anyone know what drives this option from the Vault? Is it an iProperty for a specific file or part of the change state option?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
crisco_wu
in reply to: jverduin

The 'Configure' button can be seen if you're logging in WebClient with Administrator. And the 'Show only Released Revisions' option is in the WebClient configuration page. Does it answer your question?

Message 3 of 6
ryan

With a lifecycle definition are states (ie. Wip, review, released). When a file is in a released state (dictated not by the name of the state but by the administrative toggle that flags it as such) it becomes available in the web client if "show only released revisions" is enabled.

To see the admin setting go to (doing this off the top of my head): Tool, admin, vault settings, behaviours, lifecycles, pick a lifecycle definition and click edit, pick a state (eg Released) and under the control tab notice how "This is a released state" is enabled.

Ryan Small
SolidCAD (Autodesk Reseller)
Ryan Small
National Team Leader, Data Management and Software Development
SolidCAD, a Cansel Company (an Autodesk Platinum Partner)
www.solidcad.ca
Message 4 of 6
jverduin
in reply to: ryan

This is a feature that we have never used in the vault! Thank you, now I understand what drives that feature in the Web Client.

Message 5 of 6
wseaston
in reply to: ryan

We are having an issue with this.....   It works well except for the fact that if we use the search function it shows us all previous revisions as well as the latest released version. This is a serious problem for us as production could accidently use the incorrect out of date drawing.

Is there a way to return search results such that they only show the latest released revisions and not all previous released revisions as well??

Message 6 of 6
aguitton116

Hi,

I'm digging up this topic because one of my customer has the exact same problem. It's really a critical issue because the wrong drawing could be used to maufacture a part ! (it already happened)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report