Vault General Discussion

Valued Mentor
jweiss
Message 1 of 3 (103 Views)
Accepted Solution

Send to command hangs Vault

103 Views, 2 Replies
06-29-2012 07:32 AM

I've beend trying to send a file to a vendor all morning and everytime I find the file and select Send to, Vault 2012 SP1 hang and I have to kill the app.  When I try to send to a link it hangs as well.  Any idea what may be causing this?

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Administrator
Follett Corporation
Employee
luttena
Message 2 of 3 (99 Views)

Re: Send to command hangs Vault

06-29-2012 08:18 AM in reply to: jweiss

Hello,

Is there a chance the email window is open in another window? We have found that there are a lot of times where users switch from using multiple monitors to just 1 and the dialog is open off of the screen. Here's a link to the solution to that problem in our troubleshooting portion of the wiki: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Community/Troubleshooting/Sometimes_Vault_Client_becomes_unre...

If that is not the issue, let us know.

Regards,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Sr User Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.

Valued Mentor
jweiss
Message 3 of 3 (92 Views)

Re: Send to command hangs Vault

06-29-2012 08:48 AM in reply to: jweiss

Hi Adam,

I tried your suggestion, but Alt-spacebar didn't to anything.  I was going to unistall and while uninstall was running I got an error about Outlook running.  I cancelled the unistall and opened task manage to find multiple session of outlooks running behind the scenes.  I did and end task on all the Outlook sessions and opened Vault again and Send to works fine.  Thanks for you help, I appreciate it.

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Administrator
Follett Corporation

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
New button for Platinum & Gold Subscription customers
Gold & Platinum Subscription customers can alert Autodesk if they require assistance with their forum post

Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community