Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search result limitation

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
katterbauer
2097 Views, 7 Replies

Search result limitation

Hi,

there is a search result limitation to 100 search results when performing a search or using search folders. in vault explorer you can use the "more" button to see more search results, which is ok.

unfortunately there is no "more" button when using search folders with the "place from vault" dialog out of inventor?! this limits the available parts to 100.

i know how to configure the value through adms but do not want to set the value too high.

am i missing something here? how can i browse through more search results during the place dialog in inventor?

thx,

klaus

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Andy.Spivey
in reply to: katterbauer

Hi Klaus,

I cannot duplicate this behavior (I do see the more button during a search in the Place from Vault command inside of Inventor).

(I set my paging to 25 as a test)

Inv_Paging.PNG

However, you should be able to increase the paging size to a higher value than 100 by going through the Vault Server Console -> Tools -> Administration -> Advanced Settings -> Paging.

Paging_Value.PNG

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 3 of 8
katterbauer

Hi Andy,

thx for your reply but I think you missed my statement regarding "using search folders" in the dialog from inventor. if i perform a normal search, i am also able to see the "more" button. but i want to utilize my saved searches to look for my parts. the screenshot is in german, but i think it is ok to show what i mean.

Search folder

could you please check again?

thank you, klaus

Message 4 of 8
Andy.Spivey

Ah, thank you Klaus - I will recheck and will let you know what I see.

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 5 of 8
GroulsM
in reply to: Andy.Spivey

Hi Andy,

As Klaus mentioned, you will see only 100 entries in the german version with saved searches

Matthias

Message 6 of 8
Andy.Spivey

Klaus / Matthias,

I have been able to duplicate the behaivor and spoke to a few folks here.  If I cannot find an existing bug for this I will log one.

I did find as a workaround that if you do change the paging size (then log out of Vault in Inventor and log back in) the saved search returns will honor the new paging value.

Fo rexample, if your saved search folders contain ~150-250 results, you could change your paging size to 300 in the Vault Server Console, log out of vault from Inventor and log back in, and then view the saved search folder and the 150 - 250 results (up to 300) will be shown.

I hope that helps.

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 7 of 8
cortiz
in reply to: Andy.Spivey

Worked great for me! Thanks Andy.
Message 8 of 8
Andy.Spivey
in reply to: cortiz

Glad it is still helping some folks 🙂

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report