Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Help

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bmeraz
139 Views, 1 Reply

Search Help

Hi there,

I am trying to come up witha way to search the Vault for non part numbered names.... Alot of our files here seem to have very generic non specific names assigned to them (assembly1, assembly 2, etc).  This isnt to say all our files are like this...

I want to be able to search for these strings so that I can make a list of some sort and go through the files and either assign a part number (and description) or to give the file a better name.

What im trying to do:

• Search for file names that are not a numberical string ( 8 digts long, from 0-9)
  • Rename, repair all these files names

Any assistance would be deeply appreciated. Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
minkd
in reply to: bmeraz

I don't know of a way to search based on the lengh of a property value, or the types of characters (not numeric, etc); but you can do searches where the filename contains 'a', 'b', etc.  It would involve 26 different searches, but it could be done.

What version are you using?  In 2012, renaming files got a *whole* lot less painful since we correct all the internal CAD references when you get/checkout a file, rather than when the rename is taking place.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report