I have recently upgraded one of our Business Units standard Vaults to 2012.
I use sheduled scripted tasks to backup the server pretty much as the original scripts in the config guide.
I have just noticed that they are no longer working and in the application event viewer I am getting a -
Error - .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting
EventType clr20r3, P1 connectivity.admsconsole.exe, P2 126.96.36.199, P3 4d5322ad, P4 system.windows.forms, P5 188.8.131.52, P6 4889dee7, P7 3de9, P8 ee, P9 system.invalidoperationexception, P10 NIL.
I have attached my server vlog file.
All help greatly appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Many thanks for the reply and suggestion.
I can confirm that this evening I ran the batch file maually from a command prompt and the backup has been successful.
Without hopefully sounding thick (it has been a long day) why might the backup work manuall and not through my scheduled tasks which gave the original error?
I really do not know why the task didn't work. However, I would suggest that you run the task manually now that you know there is nothing wrong with the batch file. Maybe there is a setting in the task that is causing the problem.
Thanks for your help.
I can confirm that the same issue occured last night.
I had created a new scheduled task to run my batch file, this started at 18:30 and failed by 18:33. I manually ran the batch file at 18:40 and the backup finished at 20:06. My application log does contain a few warnings / errors that may be indicative to someone of what might be happening.
It is not an option for me to run this file manually each night, I have 3 Vault servers on site two of which are happliy backing themselves up a development server I am upgrading to Vault Pro 2012 and I haven't enough time.
I've attached a screen shot of my successful batch file, my backup log and my application log. I'm going to raise a Support Request from Autodesk too.
Try this article and change the priority of the task. This really seems like a problem with the Task Scheduler since you can run the batch file manually without a problem.
Thanks once again for your assistance.
The article you highligted is for Server 2008 but my Vault is on 2003.
The only difference I could deduce from the task not running from scheduled tasks and then running manually was in the Run As credentials, something I should of possibly mentioned before!
The scheduled task was being run as the local admin but tonight I have ran it from my domain credentials and it has worked!
I use a separate local account for backing up my other Vault servers so I'm going to replicate this on this server.
Many thanks for your comments.
I have come across this before, Basically, If you have changed your windows logon password, you then also need to go into task scheduler for that specific task and update the user credentials password there as well.
Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.