Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL support for Vault 2013

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
RaSchmidt
302 Views, 1 Reply

SQL support for Vault 2013

Hallo folks,

I just wondered about a problem with the SQL server looming on the horizon:

Right now we are working with Vault Professional 2013. This product should be supported at least until 2015, correct?

The Vault runs on a MS SQL-Server 2008 SP3. According to Microsoft this software won’t be supported anymore after July 8, 2014 (see http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=13165). Same goes for Server 2008 R2. And that is the newest SQL version we can use for Vault 2013.

So the question is: How will Autodesk support the Vault if there occurs an SQL related problem? Will we be left high and dry?

I could imagine a solution where Autodesk gives us a go for newer SQL versions. Or do they get extended support from MS?

Thanks for any answer!

Rajko Schmidt

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
olearya
in reply to: RaSchmidt

Hi Rajko,

Under current Autodesk policy (latest plus 2 releases) Vault 2013 should be supported until early 2015.

We also follow as closely as possible the Microsoft support schedule which means we will likely not be supporting SQL 2008 and 2008 R2 on Vault products released after their support end date.

This detail is important though - we drop support for NEW software releases, not existing releases.  This means that under Vault 2013 support we will address any issues in that supported environment.  So, Autodesk should not under normal circumstances require you to upgrade SQL.

If you discover a major issue with SQL itself that is a different issue where Microsoft will no longer supply updates and Microsoft may require you to upgrade to solve the issue - I would imagine this is highly unlikely.

Hope this helps

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report