Vault General Discussion

Contributor
Ezekiel12
Message 1 of 2 (86 Views)

SQL database & Repliacation

86 Views, 1 Replies
11-20-2013 11:31 PM

Hello,

i am learning to work with our Vault. It was really easy to set the wole databases and it works fine, but:

1) What about SQL check. There probably should be some maintanance plan. Do you have any suggestions what shouldn't be missed in it?  And how often do you care about your SQL database? Do you do something more then SQL maintanance plan?

1 a) Can i care only about our main database  or do i need care about all conected sites?

2) Replication status - Do you use some tools to check replication? Or is reading the logs enough? Is there some page where can i learn the errors from logs? 

3) Should i defrag and purge the database often? May i do it when clients are conected?

Thank you :smileyhappy:

drobbie
Message 2 of 2 (52 Views)

Re: SQL database & Repliacation

11-23-2013 10:20 AM in reply to: Ezekiel12

Have you looked at the Advanced Configuration Guide?

You can finid it at http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/Help/ENU/

Douglas Robbie

Sr. Solution Engineer

M2 Technologies

www.m2t.com

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
New button for Platinum & Gold Subscription customers
Gold & Platinum Subscription customers can alert Autodesk if they require assistance with their forum post

Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community