Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 with Vault 2014

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
RAMasterson
319 Views, 2 Replies

Revit 2014 with Vault 2014

This post was originally in the Revit forum, but it got no attention so I am repsoting here...

So here is my situation:

I am working as a consultant at a location where Vault is used extensively. I have no prior Vault experience, so I am a Vault newbie. Revit was never used at this site, so I am the first to get the Vault/Revit configuration to work.

For the past few weeks I have been the only Revit user and have created central files and local files and have been synchronizing to vault without issue using the normal Sync to Central methods. This will save the local file, update a copy of the Central File on my local drive (which mimics the Vault structure) and updates the Central File on the actual Vault server.

Today we brought in a second Revit user. He did a Checkout in Vault on the Revit file, which copies the central file to the local machine (mimicking the Vault structure). He then opened the Central file creating a local file.

The issue is he can’t do anything to the local file model. He keeps getting an error saying “Can't obtain permission to edit the element:  The Central Model is inaccessible.  You can check out worksets at risk, but consider carefully!”

I’m not sure what to do here. Is this a Revit issue? Is this a Vault configuration issue? Do I totally misunderstand how Vault & Revit work together?

Any help/advice is much appreciated.

BTW, this is Revit 2014 & Vault 2014, all SPs are installed, as far as I know.

Bob

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
RAMasterson
in reply to: RAMasterson

I just read on an older post (from 2012) that if you are using Revit with Vault you need to be utilizing Revit Server as well.

Is this still true with 2014 & later?

Message 3 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: RAMasterson

thats the only way i have seen revit and vault work together is with revit server

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report