Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review Drawing with Design Review in Vault

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
akhidrosyidi
1032 Views, 4 Replies

Review Drawing with Design Review in Vault

Hi Master Vault,

Can anyone tell me how to make review drawing using Design Review and send back to Vault.?

When i install vault client, thereis no addins installed in design review application.

or can you give me an advice,whiich application can we use for review drawing in Vault

I using Inventor - vault.

Thanks.

daily works with :
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor Profesional 2014.
AutoCAD Mechanical 2014.
Autodesk Vault Profesional 2014.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: akhidrosyidi

Do you use ECO's in Vault?  That is the best way, in my opinion, to use Design Review to create change markups, and track them.  Read through this post and it should give you some tips on usung Design Review with ECO's.

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/2013/09/using-design-review-for-markups-in-eco.html

Message 3 of 5
akhidrosyidi
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks, i will try using Eco.

daily works with :
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AutoCAD Mechanical 2014.
Message 4 of 5
akhidrosyidi
in reply to: cbenner

hi benner,

ECO are look nice, but I don't understant how to activate Design Review Markup.

because only user who make new Eco can create markup, when he change state to Review,

Responsible Engineer can not create markup in Design Review.

test ECO design review markup.PNG

daily works with :
AutoCAD Mechanical 2014.
Message 5 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: akhidrosyidi

@akhidrosyidi wrote:

hi benner,

ECO are look nice, but I don't understant how to activate Design Review Markup.

because only user who make new Eco can create markup, when he change state to Review,

Responsible Engineer can not create markup in Design Review.

No, once the ECO has been put into Review state, only the Reviewers and/or Approvers can add a markup at that point.  They need to select the ECO from their list, right click and choose the "Markup" option in the context menu.  Once the ECO is in Review, the Responsible Engineer cannot do anything with it, until it is rejected and the Change Admin sends it back to the Work state.  Also note, that additional markups by the reviewer or approver need to be added to the ECO BEFORE it is rejected.

There are a lot of steps and a lot of rules to the ECO process. Takes some time to get used to them.  I ran test ECO's for weeks before I was confident enough to go live in the company.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report