Vault General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 1 of 3 (156 Views)
Accepted Solution

Restrict Lifecycle changes, not working. Vault Pro 2013

156 Views, 2 Replies
01-17-2013 04:46 AM

I have set the Vault option to Restrict Item Lifecycle Changes to Change Orders.  I am currently the only Administrator in the Vault, but my users are still able to manually change Item Lifecycles.

cycle.JPG

Any thoughts on this?

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Employee
matt.smith
Message 2 of 3 (145 Views)

Re: Restrict Lifecycle changes, not working. Vault Pro 2013

01-17-2013 06:50 AM in reply to: cbenner

When I tried to reproduce your issue by Right click on an Item and choose "Change State", I get the following dialog:

ChangeStateRestriction.png

1. Could you describe the steps your users use to change the state? 

2. Are they always able to manually change the state or does it only happen under certain circumstances?

- Matt

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 3 of 3 (141 Views)

Re: Restrict Lifecycle changes, not working. Vault Pro 2013

01-17-2013 07:15 AM in reply to: matt.smith

I found the answer.  Previous admin had placed all users into a group, and gave the group admin privelages.  We were not using Items or ECO's at the time.  Once I reset the roles on the group the behavior was as expected.

Thanks for your response!

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
New button for Platinum & Gold Subscription customers
Gold & Platinum Subscription customers can alert Autodesk if they require assistance with their forum post

Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community