Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring vault error / user SA cannot log in

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
richardporqueddu6731
714 Views, 2 Replies

Restoring vault error / user SA cannot log in

Hello All,

The short story, I got a new computer and want to set it up standalone for the moment.  Windows 7, 64bit.  I did a clean install of AutoDesk Design Suite Ultimate and the Vault server.  All is working fine.  I now want to bring my vault over from the previous machine and when I go to attach or run the restore I am getting User "SA" password errors and SQL cannot log on.  What can I do to fix this?

Rick

RickP
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2017
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

It sounds like the sa account in SQL has an incorrect password, or something has tried a different password enough times to lock the sa account.  I would use the SQL Server Management Studio (the UI for SQL) to check the properties on the sa account.  Make sure it isn't locked and make sure the password is set as per the Vault Advanced User's Guide.  I generally fix those things, and then exit the Management Studio, then open it up again and log in with the sa account to make sure it works.  Then you can try the restore or attach.

Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 3 of 3

This was ultimatly solved with the assistance of subscription techincal help.  Turns out my sa user was locked.  and after I downloaded the SQL server managment software I didn't have a user who had athority to unlock the sa user.  They had to jump through some hoops, but we got the problem solved.  I wouldn't have been able to have done this on my own.

RickP
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2017

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report