Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset a revision "B" back to"A" accidental change state operation..

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
mbaker
3924 Views, 11 Replies

Reset a revision "B" back to"A" accidental change state operation..

I don’t really think I can get this accomplished, but I need to ask.

Client accidentally changed the state of a file from “Released” to “WIP” thus the Revision bumped from “A” to “B”, I cannot think of a way to get the file back to revision “A” any thoughts, tricks or tips?

Client is in a jam, he will need to create an unnecessary "ECO" due to his API "American petroleum Institute" data rules compliance requirements...

Also the client has not changed the state of the file back to “Released” at this time I have him in a holding pattern...

Thanks…

mb

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
hans.martin.haga
in reply to: mbaker

1. Make sure you have a local copy of the file (workspace)
  2. Delete the file from Vault
  3. Open the file from the  Vault workspace with Inventor and check in to Vault
  4. Revise to whatever revision letter you want 🙂

Message 3 of 12
mbaker

Thanks I was hoping to not need to apply this solution, but it is starting to look like this is the only real way to fix

Again thanks

Mb
Message 4 of 12
scottmoyse

bit of a kick in the teeth that one. Especially when you can roll back the revision of an item, and skip the revision bump if you have one set on a transition....

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 5 of 12
mbaker
in reply to: scottmoyse

I found another possible solution to move the rev back to the initial rev letter, From "B" back to "A"

If you are running Vault Workgroup you can do the following:

1. Select the problem file

2. Change the Category to "BASE" (this is a stock category out of the box)

3. Then Select revise and remove the participation in the revision scheme select <None>

4. With the file still highlighted, select change category to one participating in revision management and lifecycles

5. The file will be back to "A" if your category definition is set to do something like take a .ipt place in engineering category and assign a revision scheme to it.

6. Now release via the Change State to "Release" and all will be good.

Warning: Any activity in the lifecycle that will bump the revision will, with this example skip "B" and go right to "C".

Upside: once the file is resequenced to the revision cycle process it will work normally "C" to "D" etc.

Hope this helps...

Mb

Message 6 of 12
scottmoyse

THat is an interesting solution.

So if the file had previously been C and you followed this workflow, then it would be A to start with and get bumped immediately to D is that right?

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 7 of 12
mbaker

Yes it seems too do exactly that...

mb

Message 8 of 12
scottmoyse

its interesting then, that it even lets you use A. It also suggests that if you accidently bumped from B to C you can't get back to B. So this works just for accidental bumps from A to B.

I'm thinking this may be a handy bug.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
mbaker
in reply to: scottmoyse

You may be right...!

mb <grin>

Message 10 of 12
mbaker

I just verified the suspicion, yes you can go back to "A" from "B" or "C" to"A" but not "C" to "B" the revision flag (property) remembers what was used on that file, so in short you can change back to "A" and only "A" and next time you bump it will travel all the way to next unused revision letter or number. Its is a re-start to "A" one time only and then to bump to next available, sorry no way I can figure to get to a "B" or "C" state...

mb

Message 11 of 12
scottmoyse

cheers for sussing it out. Should we report it....?

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 12 of 12
kirke_dk_

Hi there, this was really helpfull.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report