Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover Vault 2014 files

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rckohler
242 Views, 1 Reply

Recover Vault 2014 files

I'm wondering what the best setup would be to recover deleted files from the vault. We're new users of the vault system & need to know how to recover files if they're ever lost.

- Could this be done by loading the vault client on the vault server, after recovering files from a virtual server?

- Would we be able to pull the SQL database from a backup to open in a SQL environment?

From my understanding, the existing setup we have embeds files in a database thats off limits to pulling individual files. There is no means of recovering an individual file, just a date that it may have been in the vault before becoming lost.

If anyone has pointers on how we could recover individual files, that would be greatly appreciated. Please excuse any misuse of terminology, as this is all new to me. Let me know if I can clear anything up, as well.

Thanks in advance,

Robyn

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
paul.gunn
in reply to: rckohler

Hi,

It is possible to log file deletions in the vault. Here is a blog entry on doing this:

http://crackingthevault.typepad.com/crackingthevault/2011/02/tracking-deleted-files.html

Given this information, you can use the 'relative path' information to retrieve the desired file from a backup taken before the file was deleted.

Hope this helps,

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report