Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESTORE BACK UP VAULT

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
huanton
584 Views, 5 Replies

RESTORE BACK UP VAULT

Gentlemen:

I try to restore the backup files, and there is a message popup "Restore operation will delete current datasets and file stores.  Would you like to restore now? 

Brand new ADM Server Console just re-installed, and there is no file in there.

I just re-installed ADM Server Console and can not re-attach an existing Vault Data.  So I decid to restore backup files.

Thanks for you help!

Huan Ton
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JamesMcMullen
in reply to: huanton

Even when you start with a new install there is an empty vault that is created.  The dialog you pointed out is just asking if you want to replace that empty vault with your back-up.  Based on your described situation, I would say yes on the replace dialog and have the restore process finish so that you can get back online.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 3 of 6
huanton
in reply to: JamesMcMullen

Thanks, but still error due to difference version of ADMS Pro and ADMS basic.

Huan Ton
Message 4 of 6
huanton

Attached is a message error of running restore backup.....

Thanks

Huan Ton
Message 5 of 6
JamesMcMullen

Based on the error...  It looks like you are trying to go from Vault Professional to Vault Basic.  That migration path is not supported.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 6 of 6
huanton
in reply to: JamesMcMullen

Yeah, you are right.  This could be  original ADMS was basic Vault, after cracked the headquarter gave us Pro, and now we are in trouble here.  What can we do to resolve it?

Thanks

Huan Ton

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report