Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REMOVE VAULT CLIENT?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
EngTech2011
646 Views, 4 Replies

REMOVE VAULT CLIENT?

hi folks,

I recently started with a new fabrication company and am the only designer. They had just been privately acquired. When the company was part of an umbrella corporation, they used the vault server/client set up but now there's no more Vault server..

so would it be safe to uninstall the Vault client, and would this solve the problem of dealing with checked out files from previous designers?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
scottmoyse
in reply to: EngTech2011

what happened to all the files on the Vault Server? All the latest versions will have been on there, unless they were all checked out to your machine first. In which case you wouldn't have the problem of them being checked out by other users.

I think you need to provide some more detail before we can offer a more detailed response.

Also do you have prior experience with Vault before arriving at your new job?

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 3 of 5
chearhuat

Hi EngTech2011,

Uninstalling of Vault Client will NOT auto check-in/revert the files.

As Scott highlighted, you may wish to give us more details...

Regards,

Chear Huat.

Chear Huat
SQA Analyst
DLS- Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!
Message 4 of 5
Param97

Hi,

My issue is similar. In my company I am the only one who is using vault, and now we have decided to stop using vault. I am using Vault 2011 with inventor 2011. Vault server is separate and vault client is installed on my computer. Can you please suggest how can I stop using vault.

I tried by checking out files and then checking back in with keeping a copy on my machine. Then I copied all files to new project which is out of vault. I am able to open files even when I am in different project ( and not vault), but I am not able to make any change in files as all files are read only. Please suggest what to do

Message 5 of 5
chearhuat
in reply to: Param97

Hi Param97,

Sorry to learn that you are discontinueing with vault. Would you please share with us the main concerns/decision of making this decision?

Meanwhile, should you want to work on those files (outside of Vault context), you may simply change the files read/write property, steps follow:

i. Via Window Exporer, navigate to the file

ii. RMB (right click) the file > Property > General Tab >

iii. UNCHECKED the 'read-only' checkbox.

Alternatively, you may do that for the entire folder, and apply the changes to all the files/subfolders underneath.

Cautious: Seeing that you're toggling the read/write state of these files, you might face synchronise/merging issue when checking in those files back to vault. I'm assuming that you will NOT need to work on those files back in vault again.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Chear Huat.

Chear Huat
SQA Analyst
DLS- Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report