Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems checking files in, into Vault.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Geveke
295 Views, 1 Reply

Problems checking files in, into Vault.

Hello,

I have a problems that brings a lot of frustration:

When i have an 2D drawing in Inventor and do some overrides on some balloons, the drawing WILL NOT check in; in fact some parts or sub assemblies (which may be used in other assemblies as well with possible other Balloon numbering) get an asteriks in the browser. Even models that come from a read only library will get an asteriks, which makes it impossible to check the drawing in.

Removing all balloons from the drawing, eliminates the problem, so my guess is that the overrides i do on the balloons is the actual cause of my problem.

BUt since some parts or sub assemblies might be used in other drawings with other Pos numbers, i dont want to do a BOM override, cause that would affect all drawings even those i dont want to change.

Besides that my believe is that library parts are supposed to be read only and not editable in any way (i skip the cases where you make a revision af a library part).

Has anyone faced the same problems, are you able to reproduce my problem on your system, is this a BUG or what?

Suggestions and workarounds are welcome.

I work with Inventor 2011 Prof and Vault collaboration 2011.

Regards,

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
r.smith1
in reply to: Geveke

Hi Geveke

If you don't mind, please login to subscription center and create a support request for this issue.

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report