Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems after installing Vault 2014

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
ihiengdept
2490 Views, 8 Replies

Problems after installing Vault 2014

We recently installed vault 2014 on a new server.  The server already hosts some SQL databases.  My IT colleague did most of the work, but had to solve a few bugs to get it running.  After installing I restored a backup from vault 2013 and as it was restoring I saw it migrate the vault.  When I try to connect with the vault client I get this message:

Error_2013-05-03_13-28-22.jpg

Vault Basic 2014 18.0.86.0 is not compatible with the following applications on <server>:<port>:  

Vault Basic Server 18.0.86.0

I saw a post I can't find the reference two now that had a similar issue with a different year.  Suggestion was to check that patches & services packs were the same.  I don't think there even are any patches or service packs for 2014 yet.

I wasn't able to connect to the server when the install was fresh because there was no "vault" yet.  So I'm not certain if it has to do with the install in general, or the restoration, but I'm leaning towards the install.

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 3 of 9
paul.gunn
in reply to: ihiengdept

Hi,

It sounds like there may be some problems with the web services.

Do you see any error messages accessing this URL via a web browser?

http://<server>:<port>/autodeskdm/services/filestore/v18/authservice.svc

(where <server> and <port> are the actual server and port you are using)

Paul

Message 4 of 9
ihiengdept
in reply to: paul.gunn

Thanks for the help.   

Yes there is an error.  This is what I get:

Server Error in '/AutodeskDM/Services/Filestore' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. 

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>
Message 5 of 9
ihiengdept

On related note there are some new warnings (weren't there during install) from the diagnostic tool.  One was regarding filter's and my IT colleague will need to investigate those on Monday.  The filter's referenced appear to be related to an Exchange server.

Message 6 of 9
paul.gunn

Hi,

Could you try accessing the URL from a browser on the server machine? That would give more details on the specific error.

Paul

Message 7 of 9
ihiengdept

Thanks for the help!  It seems to be working since a client is able to connect normally.

The fix appears to have been a reboot which couldn't be performed untill this weekend.  

I didn't navigate to the link on the server yet, but if I do it from my computer, I now get:

-----------

You have created a service.

To test this service, you will need to create a client and use it to call the service. You can do this using the svcutil.exe tool from the command line with the following syntax:

svcutil.exe http://<server>:<port>/AutodeskDM/Services/Filestore/v18/AuthService.svc?wsdl
You can also access the service description as a single file:

http://<server>:<port>/AutodeskDM/Services/Filestore/v18/AuthService.svc?singleWsdl
This will generate a configuration file and a code file that contains the client class. Add the two files to your client application and use the generated client class to call the Service. For example:

C#

class Test
{
    static void Main()
    {
        AuthServiceClient client = new AuthServiceClient();

// Use the 'client' variable to call operations on the service.

// Always close the client.
        client.Close();
    }
}

Visual Basic

Class Test
    Shared Sub Main()
        Dim client As AuthServiceClient = New AuthServiceClient()
        ' Use the 'client' variable to call operations on the service.

' Always close the client.
        client.Close()
    End Sub
End Class

I don't believe my colleague or I ever saw the install ask for a reboot, but perhaps with the non-standard installation one of the services needed a restart.

Message 8 of 9
paul.gunn

Hi,

That's exactly what you should be seeing - glad to hear everything is working now.

Paul

Message 9 of 9
ihiengdept

Great!  Thanks for the help and speedy replies.  Always nice when it turns out to be simple.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums