Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF's not visible in Collaboration 2012

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
396 Views, 4 Replies

PDF's not visible in Collaboration 2012

Since our upgrade to Vault Collaboration 2012, our webclient cannot view some pdf files, most of the 4000+ files actually. I checked the lifecycles and folder security and all seems OK.

Also the files that cannot be viewed cannot be viewed by anyone, even admin.

We also have a current issue with pdfs not being visible in the main Vault viewer on 32 bit pc's but this seemed different.

I have discovered that if I remove the pdf from main vault and drop it back in, I can now view it in the webclient. It behaves as expected.

When we upgraded to 2012 we had to do a one off  'update file references' but I cannot see anything relating to pdf's. Any ideas how I can shake them up to make them viewable. Don’t fancy having to remove and drop back in over 4000 files. Our pdf lifecycle is very simple. Copy attached.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ihayesjr
in reply to: Anonymous

Try unchecking the Explict Deny permissions for Modify and Delete.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for quick response. Unticked the boxes as suggested and still no joy. Tried ticking all the allow boxes and still nothing.

Message 4 of 5
Mike.Carlson

May be a long shot but did you try running a -b2bmigrate?

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Not a bad suggestion the b2migrate. would never have thought of that. However, Christian from Autodesk contacted me with a much simpler solution before I tackled the migrate. First, I had to log-on to the webclient as admin. Then using configure, I unticked the 'Show only released revisions' box. This sorted the problem but I was concerned that viewers would now see WIP etc. It appears however that the viewing only lifecycle set up in the Vault still restricts the viewers to only view released files. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report