Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 2010 add-in, all vault buttons appear, but are greyed out.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
BSchubring
3033 Views, 5 Replies

Outlook 2010 add-in, all vault buttons appear, but are greyed out.

I tried running a search for this question, but didn't find it.  I installed Office 2010 32bit, vault 2012, Update 1, then added the outlook add-in through add-remove programs.  

When I launch any other office product I can log into Vault.  When I launch Outlook, I see the buttons, but they are all grey and do not respond. (see pic)  Thanks for taking the time to look into this!

Vault.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Lynn2009
in reply to: BSchubring

Hi BSchubring,

It is a weird issue.  It may be due to some environment issue, for example, some other outlook add-in's setting is conflict with Vault Outlook add-in.  Could you try the following steps?

1, Could you try to remove the outllook addin and re-add it again through add-remove programs?  does it work?

2, is there a "OUTLOOK.EXE.config" in your outlook installation location ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14" in 32bit machine,  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14" in 64bit machine) ?  if yes,  it should be added by other outlook addins, could you attach it?

And I have one more question,  What flavor of vault 2012 do you install, Vault Workgroup, Vault Collarboration, or Vault Profession?

Regards

Lynn

Message 3 of 6
BSchubring
in reply to: Lynn2009

Thanks for your reply. I'll reply to your questions slightly out of order.

#2 I visited the x64 folder location you specified, but found only outlook.exe and outlook.exe.manifest. A search for *config* one folder under Office14 yeilded no relevant results.

#3 I am running Vault Professional.

#1 The first thing I tried today is uninstalling Teamcenter Express 5.3. I had a test client installed on my machine that also adds features to outlook. Uninstalling TeamCenter Express and restarting the computer fixed the buttons.  I'll be able to test this later to see if it is repeatable as the next machine I need to work on also has Office 2010 x64 which will need to be uninstalled and reinstalled as 32bit, and a TeamCenter Express client.  However, this next user needs access to Teamcnter.  Are there any known incompatibilities between this add-in and Vault?  Is there a method you'd like me to follow for science's sake?

Thanks for your assistance!

Message 4 of 6
BSchubring

I just wanted to follow up and verify- the next computer I uninstalled x64 outlook and installed x86 outlook did NOT have this button issue, and did not have Teamcenter.  The third computer DID have teamcenter and the button issue returned. In this case, instead of uninstalling Teamcenter, I just modified the installation to remove the teamcenter Plugin for MS Office.  The button functionality returned.

I'm not sure whose add-in is breaking whose, but there certainly seems to be a collision. This would not be an acceptable solution if we were actually using Teamcenter obviously.

Message 5 of 6
Lynn2009

Hi BSchubring, 

I am sorry for the inconvenience.   It is also my first time to hear such incompatibility.  I haven't teamcenter in hands now, so can't try to reproduce the issue and investigate more.

but I think,  maybe you could try to install both teamcenter office plugin and outllook vault add-in in your machine,  and when you need to use vault add-in, you can disable teamcenter plugin according to this guide (http://www.msoutlook.info/question/88). and you also can enable teamcenter plugin again when you need it.

I know it is still very inconvenient, but hope it is helpful.

Regards

Lynn

Message 6 of 6
PACDrafting
in reply to: Lynn2009

We have had the same issue here.

I have had to disable a particular addin to get the Vault addin to work.

Autodesk may need to fix this issue.

Regards

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report